News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Handover day!

Started by mat-tiger1, January 31, 2015, 05:09:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mat-tiger1

Well guys, the day has finally arrived for the official handover of my new Tiger 800 Xcx from my local dealership!  :icon_cool:
I went for the Caspian Blue, what do you think? Can't wait for the weather to improve a little & get a few miles on the clock!  :thumbsup
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

Nick Calne

Stunning bike. Look at that smile!  :eusa_clap
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Bixxer Bob

:love10 :icon_mrgreen: You lucky bugger Ivor,  I'd love one but that would mean getting a proper job....  :icon_rolleyes:

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sin_Tiger

It's always special and you cannot be complimented often enough for your taste is colour.  :thumbsup
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

nickjtc

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on January 31, 2015, 05:55:00 PM
It's always special and you cannot be complimented often enough for your taste is colour.  :thumbsup

:iagree Good for you. It's always nice when you get to pick up that brand spanking new bike.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

NKL

I\'m immortal..........well so far!!!
-----------------------------------
\'08 KTM 990 Adventure
\'91 Black XTZ 750
\'10 TM 250 EN
\'07 CCM 404
Renault Traffic 100

threepot

Nice  :thumbsup What made you go for the Xrx over the Xr?
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

mat-tiger1

Quote from: threepot on January 31, 2015, 11:52:16 PM
Nice  :thumbsup What made you go for the Xrx over the Xr?

I decided on the Xcx because I'm planning on getting this Tiger dirty Threepot!  :icon_biggrin:

It's off road capabilities far exceed anything that i'm capable of!  :icon_redface:
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

threepot

Oh,but have you made the right choice? According to some on ABR,the GS800 is a much better bike? :bad
95 Super111
96 Tiger

mat-tiger1

Quote from: threepot on February 01, 2015, 07:38:36 PM
Oh,but have you made the right choice? According to some on ABR,the GS800 is a much better bike? :bad

Would that be the opinion of mainly BMW riders by any chance? :doubt :thumbsup

threepot

The majority on ABR I think?
95 Super111
96 Tiger

PeteH

Lookin good :) but please wait for the salt to clear before riding......you have been warned
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

nickjtc

Quote from: PeteH on February 02, 2015, 12:36:37 AM
Lookin good :) but please wait for the salt to clear before riding......you have been warned

Hmmm. Glad I do not ride on your roads, perhaps??? Or is the build quality somewhat suspect???
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Sin_Tiger

Build quality is top notch, finish is best in class and materials and fittings are better than ever and that's saying something. I wouldn't worry about road ravages, with normal careit will fare very well comparably.