News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Did the valves and now no go.

Started by cba191, February 15, 2015, 09:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cba191

I was referring to the gaps on the plugs. I rechecked the valves before I bit it back together. I measured after I put the new shims in.
'02 Tiger.  She's the awesome sauce

cba191

Ok. I'm going to take it apart again. What are the things I should triple check and test?  I know the clearances are good because I checked them all again before I put it back together. Everything else is suspect at this point.

Mustang

start looking for pinched / removed vaccuum lines
are their more than one  gas line? are they hooked back up correctly

cba191

There are two fuel lines. I think I connected them the same, but I didn't even know that could make a difference. The small hose with the big valve is on the inside. I'll double check the vacuum lines.

Bixxer Bob

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

cba191

What about the main fuel lines. Do they need to go into specific outlets?

Mustang

cba191

iansoady

Actually it doesn't really matter which way round they are as one feeds the fuel and pressurises the fuel rail (5 in Mustang's diagram) and the other bleeds off excess pressure. I suppose in theory the bigger one should be the feed. There are no one-way valves in the pipes or rail.
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

cba191

FINALLY!!!!!!!!

:hat10 :hat10 :hat10

Tweaks the gaps, fiddled a bit with wire management, and messed with the fuel lines a bit.   I didn't do anything that seemed like a big deal, but it started right up.
Oil change tomorrow, LED headlight bulbs should be here Monday. Should be golden.

Weather permitting, I'll go for a ride tomorrow.  :wheel

motoOzarks

Have had:  Girelli Bronco 50, Honda xr70, Yamaha YZ80, Yamaha MX175, Suzuki TS250, Honda XR350, Honda XR500, Honda XL600r, Suzuki DR200, Suzuki GS1100e, Honda Ruckas 49, BMW F650GS
Have:  Yamaha TW200, Suzuki DRZ400s, Triumph Tiger 955i

iansoady

Quote from: cba191 on February 22, 2015, 06:24:13 AM
FINALLY!!!!!!!!

Weather permitting, I'll go for a ride tomorrow.  :wheel

Of course it'll pack up again just when you get somewhere without a mobile signal........
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: iansoady on February 22, 2015, 11:50:21 AM
Of course it'll pack up again just when you get somewhere without a mobile signal........

Sorry, can't quite catch that, you're a bit broken up   :icon_mrgreen:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

JayDub

"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."

Bixxer Bob

My guess (and it's only a guess) is that one of the hoses wasn't seated correctly and hadn't opened the stopvalve.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...