News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Brake Caliper Swap

Started by HockleyBoy, February 27, 2015, 09:52:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sin_Tiger

The HD custom boss like the Billet ones but I have no direct experience.

I just had my Pretec 6 pot off for a spring clean, used a bit during this winter and apart from a build up of brake pad dust (only two pads) and the expected salty crud,  they are completely unmarked and absolutely free of any signs of corrosion. The wear on pads supplied with them is barely measurable and the stock Triumph floating rotor is in superb condition, about 8k miles now, so I'm well impressed.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Chris Canning

Triumph don't make a floating rotor neither does any other manufacturer that is unless you think because it has bobbins it's floating because it ain't Beringer/AP/PFM and there's an Italian company name escapes me do as well and the reason why manafacturers don't supply them most people would get fed up with the racket they make on rough roads.

Brother Number One

2015-16 USA & C.America: http://sawthingsclearer.com (click it, click it, click iiiit) 04 silver Tiger, Touratech Zega panniers, CCC titanium can, NWS hugger

Bixxer Bob

I have those on my Tigger.  Chis is correct in that they aren't floating in the true sense of the word.  Proper floating discs rattle on their bobbins whereas these don't.  However, the bobbins do insulate the disc from the mountings and help prevent warping - something the OEM discs are known for.  One thing I did find after I fitted these; they flutter a bit sometimes at slow speed.  The first time they did it was just after I fitted them; I'd braked from about 60mph and was down to about 10 mph at a junction when they did it.  You could feel it through the whole front end.  Scared me witless.  I stopped, checked everything over and could find nothing.  20-odd thousand miles later they still do it.  It doesn't bother me any more but it would be nice if they didn't.....
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Brother Number One

Thanks for that, Bob.  I was thinking about buying a pair but now I'm not so sure.  Would you have another pair?
2015-16 USA & C.America: http://sawthingsclearer.com (click it, click it, click iiiit) 04 silver Tiger, Touratech Zega panniers, CCC titanium can, NWS hugger

Bixxer Bob

Yes, it's not enough to bother about once you know and I've not heard of anyone else having the same problem so it might be just me.  At least with EBC you're getting a known quantity; use matching pads.  If you opt for something off Ebay and you've no idea where it was made.  you could go for some wavey discs I suppose, personal choice at the end of the day.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Brother Number One

Thanks for that, chaps.  I love that website, daveb.  It's like it's still 1995  :icon_lol:

haggis95

These can be used for the 00-06 Sprints

99-07 SUZUKI HAYABUSA GSXR1300R OEM LEFT AND RIGHT FRONT BRAKE CALIPER

I wonder if there is anything similar for the Tiger.

A thought - sometimes we think it's the brakes when it's excessive dive from soft forks.

And yes, sometimes it's the brakes.
There's a Tiger in my garage