News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tool Tube

Started by seger, March 03, 2015, 01:08:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seger

Hi Guys. Thought I'd show the home made tube I use to carry spare inner tubes for the XC. Three of us have Tigers so on trips one of us needs to carry spares. Actually a toilet brush holder from B & Q.
Bill

Bixxer Bob

Nice.  We need a "LIKE" button...
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

JayDub

:eusa_clap much better than the drainpipe jobbies I've seen!
I think I'd prefer that to the tractor 'manual canister' too (which are cheap, but strangely hard to locate, even in this rural farming community)
... How does it close/seal?
"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."

nickjtc

Quote from: seger on March 03, 2015, 01:08:19 AM
Actually a toilet brush holder from B & Q.
Bill

... and you can use the bog brush for detailing the engine?? :icon_wink:
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

seger

Hi again. The tube is sealed with tie wraps through two holes in the cap and the tube. ( hole can be seen in this pic ) I didn't like the look of the tractor tubes or the plastic pipe ones and this only cost £4.95 plus a piece of alloy strip for the bands.
Even been asked for the part number.

JayDub

Off to B&Q wiv me trade card tomorrow!  :icon_wink:

Nick Calne

Excellent lateral thinking and a fine job.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

JayDub

Couldn't find anything in B&Q but found this today in Lidl for 3.99, It should be up to the job, once I find a way to make it watertight... I think I prefer the black though.  They did also have them in lilac, pink and lemon  :icon_smile:

nickjtc

Quote from: JayDub on March 06, 2015, 03:15:10 PM
They did also have them in lilac, pink and lemon  :icon_smile:

Nothing wrong being in touch with our 'softer' sides!! ... and, again, you can use the bog brush for detailing the engine.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

JayDub

Yeah, and the Lidl one even comes with TWO brush heads  :icon_salut: