News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Five reasons to have a Cafe racer

Started by Bixxer Bob, March 06, 2015, 09:53:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

I stumbled on this while looking for CX500 info.  It's worth watching through....

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

nickjtc

Hmmmmm. Judging by some of the lash-ups I've seen I'm not sure that advantage number 4 (they hold their value or appreciate in value) really holds true all the time.  :icon_wink:

But having said that, and having had a quasi-cafe bike (Thruxton), the rest does seem to be the case.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Sin_Tiger

This guy's done a whole series and all those I've looked at have been very good.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

nickjtc

PS The gal and Triton combo at the end was very nice!

JayDub

Interesting but, what's with the narration?? sounds like 'google text to speech' or similar was used  :icon_smile:

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: JayDub on March 07, 2015, 11:01:45 PM
Interesting but, what's with the narration?? sounds like 'google text to speech' or similar was used  :icon_smile:

I believe he's Spanish and has a strong accent, so he decided on text to speech.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Sin_Tiger

Bixxer Bob

Sadly, I can't bring myself to like that version of the Metisse cafĂ© racer.  My science teacher had a road race Rickman Metisse in 1969 that he used to commute to school on.  4-leading-shoe vented front brake, 650cc 8-valve head Bonneville engine in a Metisse frame with long alloy tank, half fairing and single seat.  Twin reverse-cone meggas made a huge booming sound in the schoolyard.  He is largely responsible for my love of bikes. And, to me, it is the bike by which all others are judged....

this is the nearest I could find, but front brake is wrong and full fairing:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

nickjtc

nik_the_brief

Woohoo - I have two reasons to be excited about collecting my Girly from Redhill tomorrow - the main one is that I have a new (to me of course) bike and can't wait as I've been lusting after one for years.

A very close second though is that my old '95 900 Ducati Monster is the perfect bike (in my opinion) to turn into a cafe racer.  I have plans (albeit long term and currently shelved due to so much else going on in my life) to keep the high level straight trough SiL moto 'zausts, strip off everything extraneous and go down the cafe racer route with a Mike Hailwood '78 900 TT bike theme in terms of colour and finish.  She looked like this when I got her (if I can get this embedding to work) but she's much less shiny at present...

To me that will make a perfect two bike combination.

Sin_Tiger

:nono two bike collections don't really work,  you need at least three  :icon_mrgreen:

nik_the_brief

I've an old CG125 gathering dust at the back of my garage but that doesn't really count!  Trusty old thing though I'm sure that despite sitting there for ten years it would start first kick!

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: nik_the_brief on March 13, 2015, 12:07:23 PM
I've an old CG125 gathering dust at the back of my garage but that doesn't really count!  Trusty old thing though I'm sure that despite sitting there for ten years it would start first kick!

You just need some inspiration   :icon_cool:

Bixxer Bob