News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Five reasons to have a Cafe racer

Started by Bixxer Bob, March 06, 2015, 09:53:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickjtc

Erm. Let's not get too hot under the collar here. In the "old" days all you had to do (on the cheap) was sling a pair of ace bars on whatever you were riding, and voila, you had a cafĂ© racer. Those were the days before cruisers, power cruisers, touring cruisers, sportbikes, sport tourers, adventure tourers, nakeds, motards.... old Uncle Tom Cobbly and all  :augie :augie
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

NeilD

have been messing around with my Thunderbird Sport.... doesnt have low bars so not a cafe racer i guess, and despite me having a beard i'm too old to be a hipster :) i think the purple metalflake paint and 3-1 is  what the young people call 'old skool' :)

2015-06-29 021 by neil, on Flickr

2015-06-29 020 by neil, on Flickr

JayDub

Strangely.... even with all the shiny and sparkly bits - I like that  :nod

nickjtc

Quote from: JayDub on July 28, 2015, 12:31:03 PM

Especially the exhaust; yummy.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

NeilD

Quote from: JayDub on July 28, 2015, 12:31:03 PM

just getting in touch with my feminine side  :hat10

exhaust sounds lovely, not too obtrusive at normal speed but proper howl as the revs rise !  and the four-pot brembo brakes are excellent..