News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

03 intermitant problem, part 1

Started by Wilky, March 08, 2015, 02:33:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilky

Folks 03 Girly with 121,000k, TOR pipe and 10121 map, pipe and map from new, and still loving it ....but....
A while ago it started playing up, lots of discussions here that covered everything that was happening.
So for a bit off background, at a 100,000k I had a full service, tune, including valves and a compression test. All good and and well within specs.

At about 115,000k it started, stalling coughing running really bad etc etc etc.

So have TuneEcu, Lonelec cable, no issues loading, setting up and running.

Have checked all vacuum hoses and replaced barometric air  hose, all others were good, replace plugs, check coil plug caps etc, all good.

Had a bur on the IAC doodad which I cleaned off and then rubbed it with graphite powder.

Bike now idles, starts and runs really smoothly, except...it has a miss, seems to only happen at low consistent revs and only rarely, I cannot replicate it. Say riding through town. Narry a problem under acceleration though.

Any ideas.

Traveling around Australia on an unlimited time frame with my beautiful wife Diana on our 03 Tigger.

Bixxer Bob

:icon_scratch:  Related, I think, to your injector problem.....
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sin_Tiger

I've had that on FI bikes, running with a steady throttle and flat road (i.e. near constant light load) feels like a fart or sneeze? Turned out to be a very small air leak leaning it off at just the wrong spot of the map where it was already a bit lean.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Wilky

Thankyou folks,

Bixxer Bob, injector problem, I not understand?

Sin_Tiger, Sounds feasible but will exhaust all avenues before I play with the map, will need to understad it a lot better than I do at the moment.
Traveling around Australia on an unlimited time frame with my beautiful wife Diana on our 03 Tigger.

Sin_Tiger

I didn't touch the maps, just fixed the leak.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: Wilky on March 10, 2015, 03:53:09 AM
Thankyou folks,

Bixxer Bob, injector problem, I not understand?

Sin_Tiger, Sounds feasible but will exhaust all avenues before I play with the map, will need to understad it a lot better than I do at the moment.

Maybe I'm crossing posts, I do that when there's several issues to keep track of,  I thought you had an injector problem.....
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...