News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Anyone in UK buy any of the Aldi Bike stuff today ?

Started by London_Phil, March 08, 2015, 08:26:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

London_Phil

Rushed to Hemel with the inlaws to take them for a little spin in the people carrier (Nissan Elgrand, 8 seats,  350Zengine....3.5 V6. )
Fought my way through the crowds, and tried the last XL jacket they had.
Looked great, but I must be an XXXL, because no way was my arms going down those sleeves.

They did have some some interesing specs.
Anyone try one/ buy one??

threepot

95 Super111
96 Tiger

nickjtc

OK, I'm dying to know. What is Aldi? All I remember about Hemel (lived there from '82 to '84) is the 'magic roundabout'.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

London_Phil

Aldi is a Supermarket chain from Europe, that has been in the UK for some years. They are taking on the locals, and the have a bi weekly specials aisle, with everything from paint to biker gear.
www.aldi.com

BTW If you remember the Magic Roundabout, you probably remember it was KODAK's UK H/O looming above the Horizon on one corner.
I started as a Copier Engineer in Kodak in '84, and the roundabout was truly terrifying 1st time round.
Magic Roundabout still there, but Kodak went Bust, and its luxury flats now.

nickjtc

Quote from: London_Phil on March 09, 2015, 09:04:04 AM
Magic Roundabout still there, but Kodak went Bust, and its luxury flats now.

Thanks for that. I seem to remember that there were structural issues with the Kodak building, which was no reassurance as I ran under it every day!!

Looks like some good stuff in the catalogue.

JayDub

Yes, but no kevlar bike jeans this year  :icon_evil: i been waiting since last year as I was too late then and they sold out!
"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

nik_the_brief

I bought a pair of the boots and have to say that for just £30 they're cracking value. Comfortable and well made, the jacket and trousers seemed excellent value for money too but i drew a line at them as I've just spent £3k on a Girly with I collected today. Loving it so far but jumping from an old Ducati Monster onto it was like jumping from an old skool GTi into a Range Rover!

threepot

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on March 09, 2015, 09:43:34 PM
Are the socks any good TP?
Haven't tried them yet ST. Think their summer use? But bought them anyway. Your quit welcome to try them for me! :icon_wink:
95 Super111
96 Tiger

nickjtc

Quote from: nik_the_brief on March 14, 2015, 11:09:45 PM
Loving it so far but jumping from an old Ducati Monster onto it was like jumping from an old skool GTi into a Range Rover!

Give it a week and you'll be loving it!!

Nick Calne

Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

JayDub

Not tried any of their latest offerings, but picked up one of the jackets yesterday and was shocked at how incredibly heavy it was
"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."

nik_the_brief

Quote from: nickjtc on March 15, 2015, 02:39:38 AM
Give it a week and you'll be loving it!!

Already loving it - just slowly building up my own confidence.  She's a lot taller and consequently slightly scarier to get used to but the love affair is already well underway.

pxm

Quote from: JayDub on March 15, 2015, 02:30:52 PM
Not tried any of their latest offerings, but picked up one of the jackets yesterday and was shocked at how incredibly heavy it was
I agree, it's a very heavy jacket.  I assumed it was down to all the armour.  It has a very good review though (Daily Telegraph) I think.
I got my XL version for £30 so it was a no brainer.  Picked up the boots too for £15.  Both in the Reductions section.
Jacket & boots for £45 - can't go wrong.  :thumbsup
2004 Tiger 955i, 1972 Norton Commando 750 Fastback
2016 Yamaha Tracer 900