News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Hinckley Classic Programme - for UK readers?

Started by NeilD, March 11, 2015, 08:31:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeilD

not sure if this applies overseas as well, but Triumph have a number of parts listed for older bikes (mainly applicable to the Steamers) at substantial reductions.. hopefully the attached PDF will work..  I've just ordered a new cylinderhead at £89 + VAT... they're not goign to make them again and with RRP of about 10 times that, it was rude not too :)  also sets of mikuni carbs for £69 - they are listed as US market early thunderbird but i guess rejet and remove idle screw plugs and good to go.. there are also complete wheels

GavD

Neil,

do you order through the dealer or direct?

also have you got anything to identify the right part numbers?

Gav
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

NeilD

need to order through a dealer.. I popped into my local one yesterday. Their parts department should be aware of the prices, although i noticed he logged onto a seperate area within the parts system..

Lings/World Of Triumph seem to have amended the prices on their website to reflect the discounts however others have reported problems when tryign to buy online with them as the discount isnt being applied when they 'check out'..

heres the WOT site..  http://www.worldoftriumph.com/section.php/4276/1/triumph_parts

a bit of a faff as they have their own p/ns listed against the item, but i think if you search on the Triumph p/n is does come up.. alternatively the Fowlers of Bristol website lists parts using the OEM number...  or even just putting the Triumph p/n into google bought up some other links.. worth persevering as there are some bargains..  such as a complete rear wheel for £82  :icon_eek:

GavD

Thanks Neil

By coincidence, I had to go in to my dealer today to get my XL MOT'd. spoke to him about it.

I'm looking at if there are Behr wheels in the list from the girlies, he's gonna check it out for me.

GavD

Well, after much scrutiny of the list you provided Neil, I've bought the following;

Pair of gold coloured Daytona type front calipers for my 3 spoke conversion set up £58 (and they came with brake pads in!!)

Full instrument cluster £54

Lock set (ignition, fuel & seat) £36

Rear rack, don't need it but for £12 I can't resist.

Then if I decide I want to go back to the original set up I've ordered a new spoked rear wheel (unfortunately they didn't have Girly ones) £83 and they didn't have a full front wheel, but managed to get a Girly front rim for £42 which I can use to rebuild my old front wheel.

In total that lot cost me about £285, a saving of £2873  :bug_eye

:thumbsup thank you very much indeed for the heads up on that one Neil  :thumbsup

NeilD

No probs.. I kept looking at the price of the wheels, and thinking i should buy a pair but then i'd have to buy a bike to put them on  :hat10   the complete clutches were cheap too but the expensive part, the basket, is only for bikes with the earlier sprag etc.. was still tempted as the plates, pressure plate and drum i believe all fit the later models.. hopefully the bits ive ordered will arrive early next week, i shall have another look over the weekend, just in case i 'need' anything! 

GavD

I've told the wife, she was most impressed with the amount of cash I've just saved us!!! :blah :blah :blah

I also looked at a complete clutch, but I had to draw a line somewhere. Shame they didn't have a cylinder head for the steamer.

Mustang

Quote from: GavD on March 13, 2015, 07:44:18 PM
I've told the wife, she was most impressed with the amount of cash I've just saved us!!! :blah :blah :blah
:ImaPoser

threepot

95 Super111
96 Tiger

GavD

TP
what were you looking for?

I've just looked at the rack, lock set and the instrument panel and the prices are as per the list. The only thing with the instrument panel is that it's a kph one, but I intend to drop my original speedo into it to preserve the mileage anyway.

The rear wheel doesn't show, but when I went into the dealer they said that the computer system showed that the part number on the list had been superseded by another number. They've tried to order the number on the list, but if the newer number one turns up at the stupid price it'll get sent back.

The front rim is a 955i spoked one, and the calipers are daytona gold ones that will fit my current 3 spoke set up. These also show the cheap prices.

I found www.calmoto.com a much easier site to use as they list the triumph part numbers. you can search the p/n on their site and quickly find out if the parts on the list fits your bike, it's a US site so it's listed in $, but then you can slip over to world of triumph to see what price they've got.

threepot

I wouldn't mind a set of carbs at that price! I might give my local dealer a ring. Thanks.
95 Super111
96 Tiger

GavD

As Neil says above, you'd have to do a jet swap, but yeah, what a bargain.

NeilD

i think the set of carbs work out cheaper than buying a set of diaphrams !

threepot

I phoned Bevans in Cardiff earlier,chap found the discounted link,but no carbs! Any of you know different?
95 Super111
96 Tiger