News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Hinckley Hurricane

Started by threepot, March 15, 2015, 08:55:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

threepot

Just found this whilst surfing. Shame Triumph didn't release one?
95 Super111
96 Tiger

nickjtc

Cor!!!!!  :bug_eye

All the looks of the Meriden (or was it Small Heath?) original, with none of the 'idiosyncrasies'.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Sin_Tiger

I've seen a couple of versions, undecided about the back end though :icon_scratch: I've always thought it'd be possible to make a good version with the Street Triple engine, sort of X-675
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

nickjtc

I think there are no end of permutations to create a Hurricane 1.1. Personally I would want to see a silver engine a la Thunderbird. Not fussy if it had a hidden monoshock or exposed twin rear shocks. It is the 'body' work that makes the bike imho. Plus, of course, the stacked triple exhausts.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Sin_Tiger

I came across a chap (Google search that went West) who is making replica fibreglass units with embedded alloy tanks  :bad
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

NeilD

I met Craig Vetter once...  :bowdown  he said he'd spoken to Triumph at the start of the Hinckley line about doing a modern take on the X75, but not interest from them at that time.... which i suppose wasnt a suprise as apart from model names they were trying to distance themselves from the old range and promoting the company as modern motorcycle manufacturers  :icon_wink:  shame they dropped the triple 'classic' range.... Ive had my Thunderbrd Sport for 9 years now, its currently have a bit of a 'refresh' and willl appear soon but with a 3-1...