News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

05 Tiger 955i engine Tuning

Started by jp7rgv, April 11, 2015, 09:45:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jp7rgv

Hi ,
I was thinking of changing my stock cam shafts with Daytona 955i cam shafts.
Has anyone else did this?   

I  have ecu remap,tor exhaust and dna air filter

Bixxer Bob

Not aware of anyone doing this.  you'll need to do some research   :icon_study: I can't remember why, but I think I read that the stroke and compression ratio are different.  Not saying it won't work, just be careful.

One question occurs though,  "Why"?  The frame / suspension can barely cope with the 100 or so bhp it has as stock.  An extra 40 bhp is going to make it "Interesting".....
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

jp7rgv

I know that Greek triumph importer had made a SUPERMOTARD edition back in 2003 or 2004 with 17 inch wheels map exhaust and Daytona cams.
I Just dont know about 05 - 06 model engine.
So any thoughts?

jp7rgv

I dont think that the power will increase   So much (40 bhp)

Chris Canning

No such thing as a free lunch so what ever you get on the top with lumpy cams you'll be missing on the bottom,the re the Greek Tiger I remember that as I recall there was also a version in New Zealand and god knows how many German versions I've seen the one below is the one that started my journey when a Dutch mate mailed me with the photo.

Here's my favourite you get some serious rubber on these things and you can ride alright when the suspension is good.