News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

And again, nothing special.

Started by nickjtc, April 27, 2015, 01:12:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickjtc

Apparently it takes 200km to scrub in a new tyre nowadays (???) so I went out for a quicky 200km ride around Okanagan Lake this afternoon. Passed loads of bikes, coming out of the woodwork as the weather warms up. 90% were cruisers, about 5% were adv bikes and about 5% were squids on their crotch rockets.

We do have some interesting 'old' architecture here in town. This place was struck by lightning a couple of years ago and had to be extensively renovated.

Here are a couple of shots of the lake with the W. Bennett bridge ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_R._Bennett_Bridge ) in the background.

When I was taking the second one a fellow on a GS1150 went by, screeched to a stop and did a u-ey thinking I was a friend called Tony. I wasn't, of course, but I did comment that I was on a Tiger....... Tony the Tiger, geddit?? He guffawed and then, being a BMW-type, b#ggered of without wanting to stop for a visit.

All fun and games.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

John Stenhouse

Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting