News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tyres life span

Started by stuartw, May 01, 2015, 09:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stuartw

Hi there any up date on the life span of storms and road pilots for tiger 955. I shall need a new front soon so could do with advise. I do not ride off road, except across verge and to camp. I guess I am a bimbly tourer so sports tyres would probably take too much warming up. Thoughts gratefully recieved.

cheers stuartw :love10

nickjtc

All tyres have a 'life span' in years, whatever the mileage they have under them. After 5 years a rider should be looking carefully at their tyres for signs of aging, such as cracks in the sidewalls and in the tread. Each tyre has a date stamp on the sidewall so that you will know when it was made.

As for the 'life span' in terms of distance covered..... that is as variable as the election promises of a politician. :ImaPoser
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

stuartw

I may be a bimbly tourer but I still manage to get through a set of tyres every six months or so. I have never bothered with having a car license and ride all year round and even in the snow.

So mileage advise please.

cheers stuartw :icon_evil: