News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tank bag options

Started by Map-man, May 02, 2015, 10:48:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Map-man

Hi looking for options to have a little storage for a map and the phone but don't want to spend big buck on something like a givi tanklock bag....

Anyone used anything like this? eBay item 201068722826 looks to fit the bill at the right price but unsure quite how it fixes on??

nickjtc

I use the Wolfman Mini-Enduro bag. It holds a lot of stuff. The mounting straps are separate so I can switch it between the Tiger and the XR650.

"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Sin_Tiger

That looks like it straps around the head stock then under the rear tank mount like most strap on bags.

Never seen one just like that before, seems ok for the money but some things to think about:-

Which bike are you intending to fit it to?

You stated you wanted to use a map but there's no full size map pocket or a clip on option.

I can't see how the rear would unclip to flip up every time you want to fill the tank, therefore only certain bikes it could be used on, none of them Tigers by the way.

I don't see how you can easily unclip it to carry when you leave the bike,  otherwise you'll have to take all the valuables out one by one.

I'd be dubious about the waterproof integrity of the zips and I don't see an option for a waterproof cover.

Oh and welcome to the forum  :occasion14.

Apologies, I was looking at the Mobile site version earlier. I'm guessing from the description and the visible lack of a rear strap, the back end is secured by velcro, probably with a supplied stick on pad. You could demount it without too much bother but I'd suggest securing the loose ends around the headstock with a cable tie or similar to stop them falling into the fairing when not in use.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Map-man

It's for a 955i - really just looking for a decent way of having the phone in front of me as I use it for my sat nav and music via a scala rider intercom. I've got a handlebar mounted holder bit it a bit big and cumbersome on the bars...now I've looked at it again I'm not sure I like it lol

Sin_Tiger

A trick I've seen done for a bag similar to that, was to use a clear shower cap, actually it was one that was free in a hotel toiletries kit. Not terribly ellegant but it worked.

Guys in Singapore used to just use standard bar mounts for their phones and if it rained they whipped out a condom and slipped it over the whole setup, works surprisingly well although you might find your phone getting hard to operate  :ImaPoser and if you use those ones with ribs or knobbly bits on them it's not so good and you look like a bit of a perv into the bargain  :icon_redface:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

John Stenhouse

Now that I would like to see a ride report on  :ImaPoser
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

JayDub

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on May 05, 2015, 12:11:15 AM
A trick I've seen done for a bag similar to that, was to use a clear shower cap, actually it was one that was free in a hotel toiletries kit. Not terribly ellegant but it worked.

Guys in Singapore used to just use standard bar mounts for their phones and if it rained they whipped out a condom and slipped it over the whole setup, works surprisingly well although you might find your phone getting hard to operate  :ImaPoser and if you use those ones with ribs or knobbly bits on them it's not so good and you look like a bit of a perv into the bargain  :icon_redface:
:icon_rolleyes: He just can't help himself - first vaseline then nipples and now condoms... it seems to be a steady decline

I don't know what your bar layout is like but would one of those bar bags be a possibility?  or Shove your map in a zippy bag and tape it to the tank, like the good old days  :icon_biggrin: