News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Vladimir Yarets - Russian Deaf - Mute Biking Nomad

Started by Sin_Tiger, May 08, 2015, 02:48:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sin_Tiger

I didn't want to clog up the other thread, this is the man I mentioned, I forget the number of years he'd been on the road.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

John Stenhouse

Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Sin_Tiger

Yup but I can't remember which year I took the photos :^_^
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

nickjtc

So, my question about these lucky nomadic types is: how can they afford to do it? Even if you rough it and camp every night you still need food, fuel, insurance, maintenance on the bike, insurance on the bike, visas, medical/dental.... and the list goes on.

I would LOVE to be able to just drift around on the bike, but I'm not independently wealthy, so live vicariously through the exploits of others. I'm resigned to being a working stiff forever because even "go nowhere, stay at home", retirement is going to be a stretch.....
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Bixxer Bob

I would imagine selling your house, or your parent's house once they've gone, allows enough funds if you're careful....

If I had no other ties I could just about do it on my military pension.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

John Stenhouse

Quote from: nickjtc on May 08, 2015, 04:31:41 PM
So, my question about these lucky nomadic types is: how can they afford to do it? Even if you rough it and camp every night you still need food, fuel, insurance, maintenance on the bike, insurance on the bike, visas, medical/dental.... and the list goes on.

The thing is most of those things these folks don't have, it's the question most folk ask and the reply is always the same, you don't NEED them, they are all nice but most can be worked around or done without

JayDub

I was wondering how he gets around corners with those panniers :icon_eek:
"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."

nickjtc

Quote from: John Stenhouse on May 08, 2015, 07:02:56 PM
The thing is most of those things these folks don't have, it's the question most folk ask and the reply is always the same, you don't NEED them, they are all nice but most can be worked around or done without

Hmmmm. Not sure I would want to be on the road without insurance, money for fuel, some kind of nest egg for tooth extraction and a full tummy every day.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

John Stenhouse

That's the difference, you and I wouldn't want to do without those things, they happily do. I think it's a mind set, once you've done it and nothing nasty happened, they realise it can be done and go off and do it.

Nick Calne

I think you are right John. We are highly conditioned to behave a certain way, expect certain things, worry about certain things.

I guess it would take a while but when you let go of it all I would imagine it is quite liberating.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

JayDub

Quote from: nickcalne on May 09, 2015, 09:49:33 AM
I think you are right John. We are highly conditioned to behave a certain way, expect certain things, worry about certain things.

I guess it would take a while but when you let go of it all I would imagine it is quite liberating.
:iagree 'the more we have, the more we need'
"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: JayDub on May 08, 2015, 07:43:41 PM
I was wondering how he gets around corners with those panniers :icon_eek:

That's what the wheels on the corners are for  :icon_razz: