News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Here we go....

Started by Bixxer Bob, May 08, 2015, 07:00:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

Bike's been standing for about a year, but started after a couple of cranks on a good battery and full choke, needed a squeeze of throttle to keep it running, but died the moment the throttle was opened regardless of how gently I coaxed it. 

What could POSSIBLY be wrong  :ImaPoser :ImaPoser :ImaPoser
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

London_Phil

Every time I leave my bike for more than a week, and sometimes even then, it runs like a dog, and wont run unless chock is out and im ticking over at 2.5K!!
Run it up the road, carefully, and without fail within 5-15 miles ( or by Hemel Hempstead if your near!!) it will be running again.
It has to be fuel contamination of the jets.
I changed plugs,carbs (from Mikuni to Keihin), coils (TT600),ignitor,ECU, fuel type , etc etc, and always the same
I strongly suggest that unless you have a penchant for stripping it down, it needs a damn good  thrash...IMHO of course.

nickjtc

Quote from: London_Phil on May 08, 2015, 09:16:56 PM
I strongly suggest that unless you have a penchant for stripping it down, it needs a damn good  thrash...IMHO of course.

+ a can of Seafoam or similar in a full (fresh) tank of fuel to help it on its way......
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Bixxer Bob

Post was a bit tongue-in-cheek,  it's my old Plastic Maggot demonstrating classic crap fuel issues, just like a Steamer.  Half a bottle of fuel treatment and a gallon of new fuel got it going-ish.  It's still coughing and farting a bit but runs enough to take it out for a thrashing.  Just got to get it MOTd first.  :thumbsup
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...