News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

!! 2005 Tiger Ride-in Question - Important !!

Started by ridin gaijin, April 22, 2005, 03:59:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ridin gaijin

:!:

Just out of curiosity, is Newton County, where Jasper appears to be located, a dry county?

:shock:

I ask because everyone in the pictures is drinking Cokes or iced tea. Coke is bad for you. Iced tea is maybe not my beverage of choice after a 500+ mile day in the saddle.
2005 Tiger in Lucifurry Orange. Always something new it seems...

NebraskaRat

Yes, it is a dry county.  You just need to remember to pack some refreshments in, or make a few beer runs 20 mi north (like all the locals do).  We usually wait for an torrential downpour to make our beer run. If it starts to look stormy, come look us up.  

Mike

wdkng_24

i can't remember, does arkansas sell crappy 3.2% beer like oklahoma does?  I hope not, otherwise we'll have to pack some in from missouri.   8)

ridin gaijin

Quote from: "wdkng_24"i can't remember, does arkansas sell crappy 3.2% beer like oklahoma does?

Well, this is sounding better and better. Guinness I suppose is out of the question then...hmmm...looks like I better come prepared with a canteen of the hard stuff. Only thing you can do to Coke to make it drinkable.

Here in New Mexico (and Arizona too) we have drive-thru stores that sell cigarettes, hard liquor and handguns 24-7. Originally I guess they started as some kind of population control measure, but I'd buy one today if I could afford the business liability insurance.
2005 Tiger in Lucifurry Orange. Always something new it seems...

eor

Hello,

Yes, you CAN purchase Guinness in Arkansas...no 3.2 % beer restriction. Now... finding Guinness in an Arkansas liquor store is another matter, entirely.  :lol:

Bud Light is widely avaialble  :roll:

You guys are going to love the roads around Jasper. Highways 123, 74, 16, 21, and 43 are all great ones. I live here....heehee.  :P
Not a Tiger owner yet....but certainly an admirer!