News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Cherohala Skyway until the thread jumped the luggage shark

Started by ssevy, June 02, 2015, 08:55:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssevy

I have a few shots from a 13-day trip to the southeast US. Where can I post a trip report?

I may not be big, but I'm slow.

nickjtc

Here, or here http://www.tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/board,9.0.html

And there was me thinking that Stanley was the only red Steamer with black painted under-engine crash bars...
Nice bike, mister  :icon_wink:
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Sin_Tiger

Snazzy outfit Bro  :thumbsup I'm liking the blacked out look with the red  :nod
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

ssevy

Okay, thanks! I posted Day 1, and will add more as my old POS computer allows before it locks up. :BangHead

Sparky

Question on your soft saddle bags: Have you had any problems with them being close to the exhaust ?

I'm looking at soft bags but not sure about having them draped over the exhaust even with the factory heat shields in place.
1998 Steamer. Sold, replaced with a 2016 Africa Twin.
1982 Honda FT 500 Ascot,  1983 Honda VT 500 Ascot

ssevy

No issues at all, and the new bags that I have on order are also soft.

JayDub

Quote from: Sparky on June 03, 2015, 07:11:26 AM
Question on your soft saddle bags: Have you had any problems with them being close to the exhaust ?

I'm looking at soft bags but not sure about having them draped over the exhaust even with the factory heat shields in place.
I also use cordura soft bags on my steamer with no problems (OEM exhaust).  Sevvy's look to be attached under the seat and therefore lower, where as mine drape over the seat so they sit higher and cover the cans, they do have a hole in the bottom of one from touching the exhaust when I used them on my GPZ, but the heat shields seem to do their job OK,  I've done about 700mls with them so far on mine

Sparky

Good info on the bags, Thanks guys. 

I was originally looking for pannier frames so I could get a set of Moskos, Wolfman or similar type of soft bag.  I have my eye on some regular soft bags on Ebay might have to snag them and give them a go before spending bigger bucks on the hard mount set up.
1998 Steamer. Sold, replaced with a 2016 Africa Twin.
1982 Honda FT 500 Ascot,  1983 Honda VT 500 Ascot

Geoff W

I have used Oxford soft panniers for years, left them on the bike for a year once over. No problem with exhaust heat with original cans or with Motad Venoms now fitted.
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

ned37

i use a 1" wide strip of aluminum secured under the plastic side cover and bent to two 90's secured with a hose clamp on the rear.  bags stay cool ( as cool as they can in az).
95 blue steamer
04 husaberg fe650e