News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Fastener size

Started by DavidR8, June 28, 2017, 07:17:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidR8

This is a question for which I doubt anyone will have an answer.
On my '06 955i there are two holes on the bottom of the lower triple tree. They look to be threaded. I want to use them to hold a mount for a six-LED horizontal light bar.

Does anyone have any idea if they are threaded and if they are threaded what size they are?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2006 Girly, stone stock!

Timbox2

The only holes I can think you are referring to is where the stock Hooter bracket normally mounts, if so they are M6 size?

Look at this diagram, where part 39 goes?

https://www.fowlersparts.co.uk/parts/6483/tiger-955i-from-vin-198875-to-vin-287503/front-forks-yokes
2016 Tiger Sport

DavidR8

Quote from: Timbox2 on June 28, 2017, 09:35:42 AM
The only holes I can think you are referring to is where the stock Hooter bracket normally mounts, if so they are M6 size?

Look at this diagram, where part 39 goes?

https://www.fowlersparts.co.uk/parts/6483/tiger-955i-from-vin-198875-to-vin-287503/front-forks-yokes
Not quite, these holes are under the triple tree.
Though you do point out an interesting option; maybe I can make the horn mount do double-duty.

2006 Girly, stone stock!

VABird

The holes are threaded to M6-1.0. (bolts would be vertical - parallel to the forks)
One each side, near each fork.
The ride might be fun, but in the great scheme of things, it's the destination that counts.
John 3:16

DavidR8

Quote from: VABird on June 28, 2017, 11:49:37 PM
The holes are threaded to M6-1.0. (bolts would be vertical - parallel to the forks)
One each side, near each fork.
Yup those are the ones!
Have you threaded an M6 into them per chance?

2006 Girly, stone stock!

VABird

Yes. As I said, it takes an M6-1.0 bolt.
The ride might be fun, but in the great scheme of things, it's the destination that counts.
John 3:16