News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Boingy bits ?

Started by PeteH, June 03, 2015, 08:17:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Stenhouse

Quote from: Chris Canning on June 10, 2015, 09:08:08 PM
My understanding is there's two 99/2003 and 2003 onwards.

Stuff like this ought to be in the Girly sticky section somehow, just that info Chris is what we need to know. Bit like the stuff in the Steamer thread about calipers
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

PeteH

Looks good Chris.... you have a new message. And thanks too to Trophydave, will check out Sprint engineering  :thumbsup
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

Bixxer Bob

Little but vital inputs from all directions, it's like the Borg Collective this place....  :hat10
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

PeteH

Shock picked up and swingarm re fitted, just need to remove the bearing and fit the new one. Was good to meet Chris...really nice guy  :thumbsup

Chris Canning

Glad you got home not a great day for travel that's for sure.

PeteH

Bike rebuilt and tested, have to say the rear end is back in boingy business.....feels nice and taught too  :wheel
Big thanks to Chris for the shock  :nod

PeteH

Just back from the MOT and it has an advisory on the rear bottom shock mount, looks like the bearings fooked and its only done just over 2k since it was fitted. So....is it still safe to use with free play as I need to scrub the new front tyre in before next weeks meet up.

Chris Canning

Hi Pete

The shock hadn't done 3/4000 miles if that and never seen a winters day in its life so it was either fitting or lubeing it'll be good enough for what you want but the longer you leave it the more hassle it'll be when you pull it out.

PeteH

Hi Chris, I got the bottom bearing from Sprint Engineering? I think, all was good on the rebuild with plenty of grease added, I cant have washed out cos its hardly seen rain since.

Chris Canning

Just bang another bearing in and try again.

Timbox2

Did you use a new sleeve? When I put my Wilbers on the old sleeve was well knackered
2016 Tiger Sport

PeteH

Quote from: Timbox2 on June 16, 2017, 09:28:41 PM
Did you use a new sleeve? When I put my Wilbers on the old sleeve was well knackered

Managed to salvage the sleeve, cleaned up with a bit of emery in the lathe

Yes Chris...new one ordered along with the sleeve that's now included...£40 but hey ho

Chris Canning

I had play in my bottom Ohlins bearing for years before I changed it.

Timbox2

Thinking about it, my sleeve was probably toast because of the Hagon shock that had been on, Hagon use a brass bush for some reason instead of a bearing
2016 Tiger Sport

Sin_Tiger

Most makes use a bush these days rather than bearings due to the low angluar movement.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint