News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Boingy bits ?

Started by PeteH, June 03, 2015, 08:17:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbox2

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on June 17, 2017, 12:35:46 PM
Most makes use a bush these days rather than bearings due to the low angluar movement.

well I have to say mate thats not my experience, the top mount yes, but not the bottom. Wilbers actually use what resembles a Rose Joint
2016 Tiger Sport

Chris Canning

Think you'll find a bush is the solution at the bottom of the food chain.

PeteH

Shock removed and the bearing looks ok, but, now the shocks off there`s a bit of side movement in the swing arm that wasn't there before so looks like new swing arm bearings are required.
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

Timbox2

Quote from: PeteH on June 18, 2017, 10:40:48 PM
Shock removed and the bearing looks ok, but, now the shocks off there`s a bit of side movement in the swing arm that wasn't there before so looks like new swing arm bearings are required.

Just curious, how many miles has the bike done Pete?
2016 Tiger Sport

PeteH

Quote from: Timbox2 on June 19, 2017, 08:23:48 AM
Just curious, how many miles has the bike done Pete?

Around 47k.

Gonna rebuild and have a proper gander after the meetup....should be ok I reckon  :augie
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: Timbox2 on June 17, 2017, 02:17:41 PM
well I have to say mate thats not my experience, the top mount yes, but not the bottom. Wilbers actually use what resembles a Rose Joint

I hear what you're saying but Wilbers don't sell bikes  :icon_wink:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint