News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Indicators,brake lights and horn not working

Started by Ramus, June 19, 2015, 07:29:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramus

the indicators, horn and brake lights have stopped working in my 2003 model. I've checked the obvious and can't see anything untoward - any ideas please? Thanks in advance

John Stenhouse

Only thing you can do is get the multimeter out.

Quick check for the brake light is to short the connections on the handlebar and see if that puts the light on, not hopefull as there are two switches one front, one rear, I assume you've tried both?
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Sin_Tiger

Those are all left bar switches, suspect the problem is in the connector for the cable going from the loom to the sub loom for the left switch pod. Test the brake light by operating the rear brake pedal, if that gives you a light, start looking for that loom connector.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

JayDub

I would be looking at all the multi-pin connectors  :nod
Has there been any work done on the bike recently?
Do you have a wiring diagram?
on the diagram I'm looking at these components: both brake light switches, flasher unit, horn - are all related to the same earth point
which connects though the relay-sub-harness connector..... now there's two clues  :icon_biggrin:
"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."

JayDub

"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."

Sin_Tiger

:iagree the earth is a distinct possibility also. What about the headlight? Does the dip switch respond correctly?
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Mustang

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on June 19, 2015, 11:30:48 PM
:iagree the earth is a distinct possibility also. What about the headlight? Dora the dip switch respond correctly?
me thinks sin's phone needs a lesson in what he's typing  :ImaPoser :ImaPoser

Ramus

Thanks for the comments, the bike was in being serviced so the mechanic may have dislodged something. I haven't got her back yet, he's going to have another look on Monday.

Sin_Tiger