News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

under tank hose for communicating vase (Link pipes) (SOLVED)

Started by klingklang, July 19, 2015, 04:59:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

motoOzarks

Quote from: klingklang on September 26, 2015, 03:52:25 PM
I'm not the one that bothers most

You're no bother....leave that to me

Your situation sounds as odd to us as it does to you.

Have had:  Girelli Bronco 50, Honda xr70, Yamaha YZ80, Yamaha MX175, Suzuki TS250, Honda XR350, Honda XR500, Honda XL600r, Suzuki DR200, Suzuki GS1100e, Honda Ruckas 49, BMW F650GS
Have:  Yamaha TW200, Suzuki DRZ400s, Triumph Tiger 955i

JayDub

seeing as everyone else is perplexed with this one.and although bizarre. Could it be possible that there is an internal blockage in the tank, because the low fuel light comes on and goes off again, this does indicate the outlet end of the tank being empty. 
I would poke around carefully with a length of  wire to see if anything can be felt inside.  Could you maybe borrow a tank.
Have you tried rinsing and shaking the tank incase there is some gunge moving about, and blocking the transfer pipe outlet from inside... At this point anything's worth a try.
The camera idea seems the best.
"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."

klingklang

your right Jake,  can't be mechanical.  The bike do that since I bought it and running fine unless for the las 125000km.   You see the the fuel gauge is linked with it because it goes up.  It is not something new to me, it is just I am f...... tired of it.  Since I do long day trip few times a year, it a lot of time missing going to fuel when you dont need it, or guessing on the km.

motoOzarks

Have had:  Girelli Bronco 50, Honda xr70, Yamaha YZ80, Yamaha MX175, Suzuki TS250, Honda XR350, Honda XR500, Honda XL600r, Suzuki DR200, Suzuki GS1100e, Honda Ruckas 49, BMW F650GS

JayDub

Esso used that theme in the 70's... 'put a tiger in your tank'... that would certainly cause a blockage!

JayDub

Quote from: klingklang on September 27, 2015, 05:42:26 PM
your right Jake,  can't be mechanical.  The bike do that since I bought it and running fine unless for the las 125000km.   You see the the fuel gauge is linked with it because it goes up.  It is not something new to me, it is just I am f...... tired of it.  Since I do long day trip few times a year, it a lot of time missing going to fuel when you dont need it, or guessing on the km.
I would pull the tank off and remove the sender, pump or anything to give access then give it a good flush/clean out, If that doesn't work then if its possible maybe borrow a tank, I've seen them on ebay sometimes at fairly low prices (but that's in the UK).

vince

Quote from: motoOzarks on September 27, 2015, 07:37:13 PM
Have you used any Exxon fuel in the past?

that's a new slant on an old theme   :pottytrain2
been done before  :bug_eye

quote from
http://www.campaignlive.co.uk/article/1151980/history-advertising-quite-few-objects-43-esso-tiger-tails

"Put a tiger in your tank" was a slogan created in 1959 by Emery Smith, a young Chicago copywriter who had been briefed to produce a newspaper ad to boost sales of Esso Extra.
The tiger wasn't Smith's invention. He'd first appeared as a mascot for Esso in Norway around the turn of the 20th century. But it wasn't until the end of the Second World War - and the resumption of petrol advertising - that the tiger made his US debut.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=A_mFoQVm60I

cheers vince  :occasion14
what if the hokey cokey is what it's all about

Bixxer Bob

I think JD has a point.  With the tank stripped out, you can also blow through the link pipes from the inside with an airline and prove they are restricted or even blocked.  Or not. If they aren't then they are not your problem.

Also, with  the pump assembly out, you can have a good look at the pickup point to ensure it's clear.

Just a thought and a bit of an idiot question, the tank is going all the way down at the battery end when you install it isn't it?  It's not in some way tipped forward slightly?
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

John Stenhouse

That's what I was thinking, check the mounts allround, see if the front is on the two rubbers under the front and they're not worn.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

klingklang

Sorry guys, tanks is and always been at the right place..... ooops I forgot,  maybe,  I have the back raised 1 foot high, changed the foot rest for chromed foot shaped gas pedal, attached furry dice to the windscreen and glued pompoms all along the handlebars and bellow the fender....just like the 70's muscle cars.... :icon_wink:  :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin:

look, I'll dismantle everything again this winter, send compressed air again in the link pipe and will probably try to install bigger fitting and bigger pipe diameter. I' ll try to check with a cam also if there is a leftover cheeseburger, a girlfriend j-string or else in there that just go away with air and brought back by gravity.

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

motoOzarks

Maybe run dual lines rather than larger and criss cross from one side to the other with one of those squeeze bulbs like on an outboard motor fuel tank.

Drive up hill more

Not try and squeak as many miles from your tank?

All the best in figuring it out and be sure and let us know when it does the same thing again after your second attempt.

klingklang

I FOUND IT !!!  I FOUND IT !!!!

this thing pis.....me.....o.....  for years,  since I have the bike in fact,  11years next month.  Believe me or not,  the holes on each side of the tank  were not drilled trough the tank.

Just a tip here, a pool noodle placed in circle make a great support

I've removed the fitting and saw the hole look weird. Put a pipe in and tested my deep breath in. Alcool normal (checked) but no air go in , and when I say no air, it is no air: totally blocked.  Closed look, it is not drilled further than the fitting itself. It is like that on both side.

So I did what probably the guy at Triumph should have done that friday 5minute before his shift end. A 1/4 inch drill bit and about 1/8 deeper and that was it !!!!! :icon_scratch:

10 years, 10 years ... I don't know I why I did not checked that before. I've checket the pipe, the fitting itself bot never has the idea to enter smal screw driver in to check.
now, the fittings..... another weird thing,  the males are in aluminum and the females in nylon...  gonna go with the BBO  (big brass ones)

motoOzarks

JoeDirt

First time I seen those tubes on the tank... I thought to myself wtf. It's an added expense for just a little fuel capacity. Not like these bikes need a bigger tank.  :bad

I'd blame the pool noodle...  :icon_evil: