News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Just introducing "Rhoda the Roadie"

Started by nickjtc, July 24, 2015, 05:38:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickjtc

Picked up the new-to-me 2008 last evening. The genetic background from my 96 Steamer is definitely there: lovely sound, beautiful gearbox, lots of usable power etc.

BUT this iteration feels a lot lighter than it is and, of course, with the 17" wheels at both ends it is eminently flickable.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Sin_Tiger

Congratulations, I hope you'll really enjoy it, just watch your speed, it can be very deceptive until you get used to it.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

JayDub

"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."

nickjtc

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on July 24, 2015, 10:55:16 AM
Congratulations, I hope you'll really enjoy it, just watch your speed, it can be very deceptive until you get used to it.

Thanks. I noticed that the first time I rode on the way home. The Steamer was 'fast' by my standards, but more deliberate in getting there; this one is deceptive and what seems like a leisurely take-off ends up at 100+kph very quickly!

I notice you had some posts in the Roadie section some time ago.... did you have one?

nickjtc

Quote from: JayDub on July 24, 2015, 01:32:52 PM
Tidy  :nod  - Nice bike mister!

Thank you. It's growing on me. First I have to make it 'mine' by doing some little tweaks and farkling. Not going to go nuts though since both the bike and I are in the twilight of our years.

Sin_Tiger

Ah you've experienced that already then :icon_eek: its when you arrive at a familiar corner and you think "hang on somethings not right here" and you look at the speedo  :icon_redface:

Yup, a few pics in the gallery. Main and really the only reason I traded it was for the Trophy was that my pillion didn't like her head sticking above mine and wanted a top box to rest against.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on July 24, 2015, 07:23:10 PM
its when you arrive at a familiar corner and you think "hang on somethings not right here" and you look at the speedo  :icon_redface

Yup,  try doing that on a Blackbird.....  :bug_eye
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on July 24, 2015, 10:02:20 PM

Yup,  try doing that on a Blackbird.....  :bug_eye

I hope the brakes are as good as the Roadie, and they do corner far better than they have a right to.