News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Get thee behind me....

Started by Bixxer Bob, July 24, 2015, 01:56:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

Walking past Lings in Watton this morning and there was a black 800 in the window with a red frame  :love10 :love10 :love10

Problem is I want an 800 for less weight but the management want an Explorer for the big pillion seat.  Went inside for a closer look and they have three grey Explorers, all at £10k; all have side luggage, two less than 5k on the clock, the third with 6k and crash bars.

I guess a test ride of both is in order.....

My counter argument of course is the new red/black 800 is cheaper and, as for the pillion seat, we almost always use the Blackbird when we go out together.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

JayDub

A valid argument... we're with you on this Bob  :thumbsup

nickjtc

Isn't it exciting when there are choices out there? However I have found out to my cost that if management cannot be persuaded that what the man of the house thinks is the best option then it is best to let the matter rest for a while. Then bring up the subject at a more appropriate time; like when management has just got their way on a contentious matter.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Sin_Tiger

The 800 pillion seat is pretty comfortable and the leg room is good too, can't vouch for the Dora, guess I'll have to persuade TP to buy one :augie
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

Well, I just lost another argument since posting this, however, the compromise is I can cut up the Maggot to make a Café Racer.

Some really good second hand Explorer deals out there but mainly private sales.  I think I'll wait till December, research who's doing the best deals around the Triumph dealership then ask the local one to match it.  Then hit them with the Girly trade-in  :ImaPoser
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chris Canning

The 800 Tiger is completely lost on me I'm afraid on the basis a good big'un will beat a good little'un everytime I'd look at the 1200 there's plenty for sale  :icon_scratch:

threepot

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on July 24, 2015, 07:27:39 PM
The 800 pillion seat is pretty comfortable and the leg room is good too, can't vouch for the Dora, guess I'll have to persuade TP to buy one :augie
Triumph should come up with a seat that scratches your 'dangly' bits while you ride! Yes ST? :augie
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: Chris Canning on July 26, 2015, 08:17:45 PM
The 800 Tiger is completely lost on me I'm afraid on the basis a good big'un will beat a good little'un everytime I'd look at the 1200 there's plenty for sale  :icon_scratch:

I think you're right Chris, I'm going to wait until the quiet months to try to squeeze a better deal out of a dealer.  Plenty of good, low mileage, well-farkled Explorers in the 8-9k range.