News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Herald Motorcycle Company

Started by Bixxer Bob, July 25, 2015, 06:46:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

Saw one of these the other day, nice little bike that looked a lot of fun. 

http://www.heraldmotorcompany.com/classic-250.php

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sin_Tiger

There's quite a few of these popping up now, like the Francis Barnet copies that they are also doing. I like the idea, what they ride like might be something else. It's not a lot of money for someone wanting a second bike as a run around with a bit more style than the run of the mill Chinese made bikes. Having said that, I looked at a couple of variants in one of the local shops recently and was quite impressed wiith how far they had come along in the last couple of years.

It's nice in the Blue / White  :thumbsup
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

nickjtc

Indeed. What is not to like, assuming basic reliability and the ability to wrap your head around the fact that smaller displacement machines are a hoot to ride? Unlikely that we would see them over here, though.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

benebob

Looks like a good company.  Similar to these guys in the states  http://www.janusmotorcycles.com/
99 Tiger 885i (Killed 12/23/12 9:52am EST by a drunk driver) 06 Tiger 955i (traded 12/23/16  12:52pm)
13 Tiger 800

nickjtc

Quote from: benebob on July 26, 2015, 03:28:28 AM
Looks like a good company.  Similar to these guys in the states  http://www.janusmotorcycles.com/

Very neat. But sobering to think that my '08 1050 just cost me significantly less than one of those!

Bixxer Bob

Herald have a Mutt 125cc which is nice too and they have a version nearly ready in 250cc.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

iansoady

I have to say I'm considering abandoning the Wee and am looking at these.http://www.f2motorcycles.ltd.uk/mashmotorcycles.html. Look nice and the XBR engine was quite a nice one.

Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

Sin_Tiger

That is nice and this "Street Tracker" style is even  :love10 reminiscent of the CL350, just fit some high level cans.

F2 is the same bloke that's been doing Urals for years and recently started bringing in the Jawa, decent upfront guy, I saw a Jawa / Velorex combo at a Sidecar Fed event and I was impressed how well finished it looked.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Sin_Tiger

Mash 400 EFI Adventure 150 kg for just under E5,550 anyone? Tempting.

nickjtc

Electronic cigarettes from a motorcycle company................. that's an interesting combination!

Bixxer Bob

iansoady

I had a test run on the Mash yesterday but have to say it didn't really inspire. It does look nice (but then of course you can't see it when you're on it) and the engine is lovely - but then it would be being essentially an XBR. The rest of the bike was rather agricultural - bouncy and stiff suspension, rather tacky welds etc.

So I've decided to go for the original and am looking out for an XBR.

Anyone fancy my Wee-Strom?
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

Sin_Tiger

Spoke to the owner of a local bike shop this morning, Mash UK were trying to get him interested in being a regional dealer, so I registered interest in the Adventure as they were offering to send up a sample bike  :augie

nickjtc

Quote from: iansoady on July 31, 2015, 12:41:46 PM
So I've decided to go for the original and am looking out for an XBR.

Aren't they rarer than rocking horse manure?

JayDub

Are we talking Honda XBR500 here? with Comstar wheels? Thats the only XBR I know of, but can't think why anyone would really want one  :icon_scratch:
From what I remember, they were not too reliable, pretty or interesting. Surely I'm missing something?
"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."