News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Not really a ride report as such......

Started by nickjtc, August 01, 2015, 10:06:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickjtc

...... because all I was doing was visiting the nearest Triumph dealer to pick up some consumables this morning.

Heading south on the Westside Road. West side of the lake...geddit??!! That would be Okanagan Lake.

A sign every motorcyclist wants to see, except it should have said "next 30kms".

You don't want to get it wrong on this stretch.

The bridge over the lake at Kelowna. You've seen the same pic only with my Steamer in it.

The ride's destination in West Kelowna.

Slim pickin's in the Triumph section.

And slimmer pickin's in the Ducati display...... "and they all look just the same!!"

Heading north again, now on the east side of the lake.

Then over the ridge to look down on Kalamalka Lake. The pic does not do the colour of the lake justice.

And home. I was pleasantly surprised at how competitive OEM air and oil filters are for price, so the trip was well worthwhile.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

JayDub

Quote from: nickjtc on August 01, 2015, 10:06:48 PM
And slimmer pickin's in the Ducati display...... "and they all look just the same!!"
Thats unfair Nick... clearly you have a choice of red, or red with black bits, and there's even one at the back which isn't even red!
Not to mention two different T-shirts... you've gone really snobby since you got this bike  :icon_rolleyes:

Really nice views though, It would make a trip to the dealer more bearable, and I think you're having our summer... coz we're not  :icon_frown:
"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."

nickjtc

Quote from: JayDub on August 01, 2015, 11:38:44 PM
you've gone really snobby since you got this bike  :icon_rolleyes:

I think you're having our summer... coz we're not  :icon_frown:

Snobby and proud of it!! Proud to be riding a Made in England product that is a match for anything out there.  :icon_salut:

Yes, summer is here with a vengeance. It's a long weekend and the traffic is horrible. And it's a balmy 34c.

JayDub

"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."

nickjtc

Something for you guys to think about if you do decide to come over to this side of the pond next year. If you are not used to riding in what might be to you, extreme heat, listen to the sage advice of the home boys. Drink lots, but still wear your gear!

Bixxer Bob

:iagree  Rode some days in 40C plus while in France. All the gear, and all the vents!!!  :icon_lol:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...