News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

A bit gobsmacked!!

Started by threepot, August 02, 2015, 11:16:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

threepot

Had a spin with two friends up to Ironbridge today. One has just bought a 97 T'bird. Lovely bike with only 14k miles . On the way back , we called in Leominster for fuel . We calculated its mpg ..140 miles covered..he put in 9ltrs of fuel!! Work that out!!!! And I thought my Super3 was good with 55!  :icon_scratch:  :icon_smile:
95 Super111
96 Tiger

JayDub

Its coz its so highly polished - no wind resistance  :nod
...get the Solvol out TP

nickjtc

Wow! Lucky you guys for getting such phenomenal mileage.

I have to say (in a very quiet, small, voice, of course) that probably the main reason I let the Steamer go (apart from the fact that a nice man waved lots of dollars at me and I knew it was going to a good home) was that I just could not come to terms with the fact that my four wheeled box on wheels gets 25% better fuel mileage. Minimum.

So the Roadie is a bit of a revelation, needless to say.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

NeilD

normally 50ish MPG on my thunderbird, unless i'm bimbling with the bonneville in tow when i get a bit more :) not measured it since i put the k&n's and 3-1 exhaust on it - i think any efficiency will be offset by the temptation to make the exhaust sing  :wheel

JayDub

My Peugeot 1.9 diesel only gives me 42 mpg... And that's with the turbo fuel demand valve disconnected  :icon_rolleyes

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: threepot on August 02, 2015, 11:16:33 PM
Had a spin with two friends up to Ironbridge today. One has just bought a 97 T'bird. Lovely bike with only 14k miles . On the way back , we called in Leominster for fuel . We calculated its mpg ..140 miles covered..he put in 9ltrs of fuel!! Work that out!!!! And I thought my Super3 was good with 55!  :icon_scratch:  :icon_smile:

So how much does it use when he's not pushing it..... :bad
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

threepot

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on August 03, 2015, 01:14:58 PM
So how much does it use when he's not pushing it..... :bad
Bob,the pace wasn't fast,but not slow either. We kept mostly to speed limits due to unfamiliar roads,and not knowing where PC Plod likes to 'sit in wait' so to speak.
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Bixxer Bob

I meant more the sort of walking alongside sort of pushing it, not ragging the fecker...   :ImaPoser
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...