News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Optima type battery chargers

Started by KuzzinKenny, August 05, 2015, 01:44:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KuzzinKenny

I have one of these chargers but never like to leave it on for weeks on end because i don't like the constant trickle charging, thats why i went the solar panel route  :thumbsup but has anyone plugged there charger into a plug in timer ??

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9822904.htm

me thinks it would stop the overchargin as you could set it to, for instance 12Hrs on 12Hrs off  :^_^

what do Y'all think ??  :icon_scratch:

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

motoOzarks

Yes it works fine

Just watch the ratings for power as to not blow them up.  (the timer)

Have had:  Girelli Bronco 50, Honda xr70, Yamaha YZ80, Yamaha MX175, Suzuki TS250, Honda XR350, Honda XR500, Honda XL600r, Suzuki DR200, Suzuki GS1100e, Honda Ruckas 49, BMW F650GS
Have:  Yamaha TW200, Suzuki DRZ400s, Triumph Tiger 955i

nickjtc

If it works in the same fashion as a Battery Tender you should be able to plug it in and forget it with no concerns about over charging. I've used Battery Tenders for many years and routinely plug them in for the winter months with no issues.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

JayDub

They're designed to be left on KK, mines been on for over two years, they shut off automatically when charged then just top up when needed.

Bixxer Bob

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...