News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Not really another ride report as such......

Started by nickjtc, August 11, 2015, 02:00:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickjtc

...... since all I was doing was riding to Revelstoke to work for a few days. We provide driver exam services there every month and I like the drive/ride.

First stop was the 'Last Spike' rest stop at Craigellachie, on the Trans Canada highway. This is where, on November 7th 1885, the railway which crosses Canada was completed.

Crazy Creek. Not so crazy at this time of the year now that winter run-off is done.

Three Valley Gap Chateau. One man's folly, but very popular during the summer.

The second ('Big Eddy') bridge over the Columbia River in Revelstoke. Note that the deck is metal grating, which makes for an entertaining ride on two wheels.

Who could get fed up with a view like this every day? And this is just in one direction.

And here is work while in Revelstoke, out of the old Court House.

And the best part of this ride was discovering that Rhoda gets 54+mp(Imperial)g!
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

mat-tiger1

All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

Bixxer Bob

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

nickjtc

Part 2: a dam-nable day. You'll get it in a minute.

So, just a FYI. This is how we conduct motorcycle road tests hereabouts. The examinee is on their own bike and kitted out with a vest which has a radio in the back pocket and a speaker clipped to the front. Directions are given through the radio and we follow in a car.

On with the 'not really a ride report'. Revelstoke's claim to fame is that it is a divisional point for the Canadian Pacific Railway, and since the early '80s the location of the second major hydro electric dam on the Columbia River. 150km north along the river is the first, Mica, dam. Anyhoo I have never ridden this road, primarily because it dead-ends at Mica and there is no fuel along the route. I would not have attempted the ride on Stanley the Steamer without carrying extra fuel. Because Rhoda the Roadie gets 35% better fuel mileage I figured it would be doable.

Here is the Revelstoke dam:

This just about says it all for the ride:

One of the many side drainages into the lake formed behind the dam:

Some of the scenery en route. Hazy because of the smoke in the air from the forest fires burning in the province:

Mica dam. Unfortunately there is no way to get a pic which shows how high it is:

Here is a clip pic of the dam from the air

mat-tiger1

More 'Damn' fine photography!  :thumbsup

(Sorry, couldn't help myself!)  :icon_redface:
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

nickjtc

Quote from: mat-tiger1 on August 12, 2015, 10:34:48 PM
More 'Damn' fine photography!  :thumbsup

Thank you, kind sir; dam nice of you. Not bad for a little Canon point-and-shoot I got second hand off eBay for $60!! IF the light is right.