News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Today's MCN

Started by Chris Canning, August 12, 2015, 03:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

Interesting article for anyone looking at the err I'm loath to call them adventure bikes  :icon_scratch: but quite a level headed piece.

nickjtc

Nothing attached to your post at my end..??
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

JayDub

Quote from: nickjtc on August 12, 2015, 04:06:38 PM
Nothing attached to your post at my end..??
Its actually ink printed onto paper Nick - weird - AND we have to BUY it!  :icon_lol:
"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."

Mustang

you can get digital version now too ...................but you still have to buy it . :bug_eye

Chris Canning

There's you headline but it's way more complicated than that,it's not just about what they say but what they don't,the Brits have this passion for knocking things, MCN being one of them in roundabout way I ended working for them for 3 years.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/2015/august/new-mcn-august-12-adventure-sport-shootout/

Fully convinced they were just a bunch of dickheads writing any old tosh,so it came as a shock to meet a bunch of hard core if slightly jaded bikers always trapped between the trade and the public,I've a decent CV when it comes to riding bikes and these guys can certainly ride I can tell you.

When the dust settles I'll do a copy but not first day out the trap that's not playing the game,their under enough pressure as it is without me giving all their hard work away for now't.

nickjtc

Quote from: JayDub on August 12, 2015, 04:50:12 PM
Its actually ink printed onto paper Nick - weird - AND we have to BUY it!  :icon_lol:

Ooops. My mistake. I used to read it when I lived there.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

threepot

I might go buy a copy now. I bet the GS wins :icon_rolleyes:
Although,the MCN guy's get stick on YouTube when they say 'nice' things about Triumphs. And its always cos their British .
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Chris Canning

iansoady

Expecting rational reporting from MCN is a bit like expecting caring from Mr Osborne......
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

threepot

Like the way its labelled as the 'king of the distance destroyer'! And you still have to lube the chain. Only Triumph and BMW GS offer shaft in that test.
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Chris Canning

Quote from: iansoady on August 25, 2015, 01:48:40 PM
Expecting rational reporting from MCN is a bit like expecting caring from Mr Osborne......

I'd view both exactly the same it's not about liking either!! there's no viable alternative.

Chris Canning

Quote from: threepot on August 25, 2015, 02:56:06 PM
Like the way its labelled as the 'king of the distance destroyer'! And you still have to lube the chain. Only Triumph and BMW GS offer shaft in that test.

As someone who owns two bikes that are shaft drive I'll a chain any day of the week thank you,no matter how old the bike what state it is in or how many miles for what ? 100 quid or so and you can be back to brand new.

Nick Calne

Quote from: iansoady on August 25, 2015, 01:48:40 PM

I really like Mr Osbourne. Done a great job in my view but know where you are coming from on MCN.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Sin_Tiger

I didn't enjoy the article, not because the Explorer came bottom in this company, it just didn't read well and in pages I felt it was self contradicting, almost as if they had taken a few paragraphs from all the contributors and thrown it in a blender.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint