News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Today's MCN

Started by Chris Canning, August 12, 2015, 03:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metalguru

I must admit to being old school when it comes to bikes, read the spec and a few reports from different journos' and then ride the thing.
I did find that the Tex suits me and riding style, it is certainly a better bike than I am a rider!
At the end of the day it is a very personal choice which needs to be made carefully with the aid of subjective writing to help the buyer. Read some of the reports made in the 60s and all is made perfectly clear.  Just saying!
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

Chris Canning

Must say I haven't read a bad report or a comparison test and god knows I read quite a few and watched no end of U-Tube clips they all come with a different angle and subtle hints that go over most folks heads and while nearly every test I've seen Ducati supply a stock non electric suspended bike( hint!!) BM have not and until I can get my hands on a stock XR to try I'm doing nothing and of course the new SMT comes at the end of the year but the dealer set up for KTM is dire are at best.

I've even thought of building another low mileage version of mine if all else fails and regardless of what I buy my old 955 is going nowhere.

But I'd be telling porkies if I didn't feel a little smug having built my 17" all those years ago and now they sell like hot cakes some kind of crystal ball e'h  :icon_wink:

metalguru

Quote from: Chris Canning on August 25, 2015, 11:25:16 PM

I've even thought of building another low mileage version of mine if all else fails and regardless of what I buy my old 955 is going nowhere.

But I'd be telling porkies if I didn't feel a little smug having built my 17" all those years ago and now they sell like hot cakes some kind of crystal ball e'h  :icon_wink:

That's just it Chris, how many would know how to build the bike they want or modify a present model?
I have built many 'specials' over the years and there will always be a strong market just because they are different.
mmmm, how to build a cruiser round the TEX engine, now there's a thought.
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

Chris Canning

Quite funny really because going through some what of a strange experience or maybe just cold feet after our usual visit to Silverstone for the GP we have a week at home then down to Misano(for 4 days)across to Florence/Pisa a little village called Sospel North of Menton and then on to the Paul Ricard for the Bol.

Nothing of which on the Tiger would mean a thing we've done several trips down there on it,but we are going on the K  :icon_confused: for no other reason it hardly ever gets used and knowing how good the Tiger is 3 years ago we did Florence/B'Ham in a day and half is why I/we hesitate on buying the next bike,the K is just a big girls blouse by comparison :icon_lol:

Bixxer Bob

Funny isn't it?  I love a fast blast on my Blackbird, and have done France on it a couple of times, but mostly it's the Tiger that gets used these days and having given it a bloody good seeing to since I got back (should've done it before France really but you get so used to just jumping on and going) it's now ready for the next trip although I don't know when that is yet.

Round the doors it's the Maggot that tends to come out now, simply because it's light, easy to move around and quick enough for these nadgery roads.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...