News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Fuel line connection

Started by tgrrdr, July 30, 2015, 08:32:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dyn Blin

I think it's strange that I have the plastic male connectors and there's no recall listed on my bike.

The recall didn't affect models delivered after "late 2003" when a modified connector was used (not specified as metal)  NHTSA Action Number : PE03053

(edit for better linky)
This is why we can't have nice things.

Chris Canning

Can only assume there was some old stock on the shelves because my 955 is one of the early ones(early may 2001) and the males are metal.

Fentible

I have a 2004 wire wheel 955i and my fittings, male and female, were all plastic. Now upgraded to metal.

When I did this conversion on my T509 and T595. the old plastic female fittings unscrewed without any trouble. The Tiger ones cracked with barely any leverage applied to the socket, even after warming them up slightly  :^_^