News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

TUNE ECU version 1.9.7.0

Started by Fentible, August 27, 2015, 01:04:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fentible

Anybody have a copy of this version and the dll library to match?? I installed 2.5.5 but wanted to keep 1.9.7.0. and accidentally overwrote the library for the earlier version which has the TPS reset function for my T509 (unless I'm missing it in 2.5.5)

The newer library is incompatible with the earlier version of Tune ECU

Cheers

Fent

Bixxer Bob

Mine's 2.3.4 Fent, but has the TPS reset.  I've emailed To to see if he can shed any light.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Fentible

Bixxer Bob

Fennty,  Tom needs the VIN number of your Tiger and the map number you are using.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Fentible

HI Bob

VIN number of my 04 Tiger is 193657, current map is 10120 but about to be changed to 10121, not the OEM one the custom one that's available on the Tune ECU site.

However I need the DLL library to suit Tune ECU version 1.9.7.0 for my T509.

Hope that helps.

George

Bixxer Bob

George, the reason the button wasn't showing in 2.5.5 on my laptop was I hadn't loaded a tune first.  If you load a tune the button then appears.  If you download the maps and DLL for 2.5.5 you should be good to go.

Fentible

Ah................Thanks for clarifying that one for me. I'm just waiting for some new metal tank fittings to arrive then I can bolt everything back together and get on with remapping.

Thanks again for your help BB

Bixxer Bob

No worries, it's what we're here for.

Fentible

Loaded map 10121 to suit the TOR pipe and the bike seems to be running okay. At least it starts and ticks over nicely. I need to get some road miles in to see what the changes feel like.

TPS button does show up but stays greyed out (as do all the test buttons ie engine fan, fuel pump, IACV).

I also found that on initially connecting to the bike, trying to use the 'connect' button prompted a message 'unable to communicate with port 45' but if I used 'auto-connect' then it worked fine. Is that normal?? I am using an ancient lap top running Microsoft vista.

Bixxer Bob

The ropey connections (assuming your on mains power for the laptop and the bike battery is fully charged) are usually down to drivers.   I used XP with TuneECU for a long time but needed to buy one of the more expensive cables to get a reliable connection.  The standard Windows drivers don't work properly.

Fentible

Yes mains on lap top and fully charged battery with lights off. Actually total connection time required to remap and reset TPS was probably less than 10 seconds.

I'd already downloaded the suggested drivers when I first downloaded the earlier version of Tune ecu and which I never had any bother with. 

However what I did discover this afternoon was double clicking on the TPS reset button fired it into action and hey ho.. TPS reset. Now some road time required.