News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Girly Aftermarket Rotors (spoked wheels 00-04)

Started by JoeDirt, September 20, 2015, 08:28:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeDirt

I have been doing some shopping for aftermarket rotors for my too thin stock rotors. I have been focusing on EBC just because I know the brand name and they seem to be nice quality parts. I found 3 sets of new FA196HH pads for cheap on eBay and I did some research on the EBC website for rotors. I found some options for rotors in one of their catalogs:

I was looking at MD643 and MD649 in the beginning. Both were running $100+USD each so $300+ for a set. These are round in shape and look a lot like the stock rotors. I started fishing on some of the other part numbers just to check pricing. Amazon had pricing on the VR643 and MD649CX, that was very low. I bought (2) front MD649CX and (1) VR643 for $125USD total. That's all (3) rotors and they are "Vee" rotors.

I just bought mine today and I will keep you updated on my progress. I felt you guys should know that Amazon is selling these cheap in the "States".

JoeDirt

Sorry guys Amazon corrected the VR643 from $29USD to $117. I'd rather be lucky than good any day. The MD649CX are still $44 a piece.  :sleepy1

JoeDirt

I received my Amazon rotors today. I think they look brilliant.  :thumbsup

I made out like a bandit on the VR463 for $29!!!  :augie

I will keep you guys posted on the change out and will definitely take some final pics.

JoeDirt

I got the front ones on... and they shine like a diamond in a goats ass.  :eusa_dance

They look more updated and more modern than the originals.  :thumbsup

JoeDirt

I got the rear one on tonight. This was the $29USD rotor... that's 19GBP at current exchange rate!  :icon_razz:

JayDub

Quote from: JoeDirt on September 25, 2015, 03:52:13 AM
I got the rear one on tonight. This was the $29USD rotor... that's 19GBP at current exchange rate!  :icon_razz:
I thought I did well getting a standard Kagizume rear for £70!
"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."

Bixxer Bob

I had a look at the EBC  UK site but can't find them   :icon_frown:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

JoeDirt

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on September 25, 2015, 05:54:24 PM

The package(s) says "Made in the UK" and the catalog page is from the UK catalog. There's still hope for you Bixxer! :wave

I linked the EBC UK and international catalog:

http://ebcbrakes.com/Assets/ecatalogues/2015-Intl-MC-Catalogue/2015-intl-mc-catalogue.html

JoeDirt

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on September 25, 2015, 05:54:24 PM

Yea I looked on Amazon UK and nothing... I looked on eBay UK and all of the sellers are in USA or Germany. EBC has manufacture in the "States". Maybe these are being made in USA?

Dyn Blin

This is why we can't have nice things.