News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Ognibene Drive chains

Started by JayDub, October 20, 2015, 10:36:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayDub

I've always stuck with D.I.D chains but someone today told me about Ognibene chains, He reckons they are as good as, if not better, and he's used them for over 30 yrs, apparently Italian made and connected with D.I.D. for many years (as their Italian distributor)... Also significantly cheaper.
I've never had a complaint about D.I.D. but just wondered have any of you had any experience of them (Ognibene) or put many miles on one, and how did it hold up?  :ear

I mean... pasta, olives or pizza yes, but drive chains??
"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."

Chris Canning

Well I'm reasonably well connected and I've never heard of them.

JayDub

Quote from: Mustang on October 21, 2015, 03:46:29 PM
http://www.biketorqueracing.co.uk/ognibene/ognibene-standard-chain-sprocket-kits
Can we believe the hype?.... I'm still not convinced - made in Japan, assembled in the far east, disributed from Italy... AND even Chris hasn't heard of them!!!
:pottytrain2

Chris Canning

One of the great 'Told you so's' when man turns up with a F off hole in the back of his crankcase the extra money you saved on the chain doesn't seem such a bargain now does it.

Put the very best on at some time 'It Will' bite you in the arse if you don't  :icon_wink:

nickjtc

Quote from: Chris Canning on October 21, 2015, 05:51:17 PM
Put the very best on at some time 'It Will' bite you in the arse if you don't  :icon_wink:

+1. When I foolishly over tightened the good quality chain on my Steamer last year on my Alaska trip (and I mean over tightened :augie) I consider myself lucky that I all I suffered was a prematurely worn front sprocket. If it had been a 'cheap' chain who knows what mayhem might have resulted if it had failed on me.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

JayDub

Quote from: Chris Canning on October 21, 2015, 05:51:17 PM
at some time 'It Will' bite you in the arse if you don't  :icon_wink:
Yep - literally

Something that bothers me is the fact that this chain has been around since the seventies, and yet no-one has heard of it

motoOzarks

If it lasts from the seventies you wouldn't hear about it.

If it's crap you would hear all about it.

Have had:  Girelli Bronco 50, Honda xr70, Yamaha YZ80, Yamaha MX175, Suzuki TS250, Honda XR350, Honda XR500, Honda XL600r, Suzuki DR200, Suzuki GS1100e, Honda Ruckas 49, BMW F650GS
Have:  Yamaha TW200, Suzuki DRZ400s, Triumph Tiger 955i

Chris Canning

Wouldn't bother me either way because if ain't DID Gold Ring I wouldn't fit it the only exception is the OEM that Triumph fit that was good stuff as well.