News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Triumph Teaser

Started by Mustang, October 21, 2015, 07:35:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mustang

Sin_Tiger

:new_popcornsmiley

Why is it when I've just about got something sorted, they bring out a new model with all the mods I've just done  :BangHead I stopped buying Range Rovers because of that  :^_^
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

nickjtc

So, what will the changes be?

Bigger engine..... probably
More horsepower..... of course
Less weight....... possibly
Liquid cooling....... to help with the Euro federales emissions/noise laws....??
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

threepot

New Bonnie. 1200CC? and watercolor.
95 Super111
96 Tiger

nickjtc

If that is it, I think I'll stick with the old style if I ever get another one. Those darned obtrusive radiators... :icon_wink:

Nick Calne

That can't be a production model, look at the radiator.  Ugggglllyyyy.  Some kind of test rig no doubt.

I hope.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Bixxer Bob

I think it was MCN wrote that all the big manufacturers are working on new machines / engines because its cheaper than trying to get the current engines through the new emissions laws, Triumph included.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

nickjtc

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on October 22, 2015, 07:38:46 PM
I think it was MCN wrote that all the big manufacturers are working on new machines / engines because its cheaper than trying to get the current engines through the new emissions laws, Triumph included.

Hmmmmmm. So how does HD manage to continue making agricultural engines (metaphorically speaking, of course) that continue to meet new emissions regulations??  :qgaraduate

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: nickjtc on October 22, 2015, 07:55:10 PM

Hmmmmmm. So how does HD manage to continue making agricultural engines (metaphorically speaking, of course) that continue to meet new emissions regulations??  :qgaraduate

:icon_scratch: :^_^
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: nickjtc on October 22, 2015, 07:55:10 PM

Volkswagen technology  :augie
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

nickjtc

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on October 22, 2015, 08:47:53 PM
Volkswagen technology  :augie

Or the EPA turning a blind eye, perhaps?? It's not unknown for the US government to help prop up the company, after all. :icon_wink:

Mustang

Quote from: nickjtc on October 22, 2015, 09:01:06 PM
Or the EPA turning a blind eye, perhaps?? It's not unknown for the US government to help prop up the company, after all. :icon_wink:
do you have a source ?
or is this just folklore ?

nickjtc

Quote from: Mustang on October 22, 2015, 09:06:53 PM
do you have a source ?
or is this just folklore ?

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1987-05-07/business/8702030886_1_harley-davidson-motorcycle-market-trade-wars

Remember when, all of a sudden, Japanese 750 motorcycles became 700s? That was to beat the embargo instituted to give HD a 'leg up' during the Reagan administration.

Mustang

they tried that same tactic in the 50's with Triumphs and lost .
But that has nothing to do with EPA and pollution standards......................

JoeDirt

If you have been to any motorcycle showroom lately... you'll see many bikes with air fins and oil coolers. Me, I think it looks F@#$ing ridiculous. :Topes