Author Topic: XCA is it worth it  (Read 4369 times)

November 02, 2015, 01:53:38 AMReply #15 on

Offline nickjtc

• Captain Buzzkill
  • Sumatran Tiger
  • Activity Meter:
    0%
Ah, the good old KLR650. Had a 1999 one, in 2000. It was a great road bike... did 15,000km in one season on it.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

November 06, 2015, 03:12:35 PMReply #16 on

Offline mat-tiger1

• Cheetah
  • Activity Meter:
    0.22%
Well Spud I must admit i'm liking the transition from my old 955i to my Xcx. :thumbsup

I've had mine since they were released here in March and i can't find fault with it. It'll deal with pretty much anything i throw at it (including a little more off-roading now i'm building my confidence) and keeps coming back for more!  :icon_cool:

As for the toys, well they're there if you want them. I use the cruise control, rain (of course) & off road modes quite a bit but not tinkered with the rider configurable modes too much as yet. :^_^

Off road i hear you say? I know guys like SexySi over on the ABR forum and Blacktiger on here who take their Xc's literally everywhere!!  :wheel

Reliability, well speak to Mr Rhys Lawrey ( http://www.2mororider.com ) who's just returned on his Xc from his Record breaking 56,800 + mile round-the-world trip without so much as a few chain & sprockets changes and a couple of sets of tyres!  :icon_salut:

You're more than welcome to pop over one of the days and have a go on the Xcx out for yourself, i know Mr Stenhouse enjoyed himself when we met up in Wales earlier in the year. Who knows, it might even help convert you!  :icon_wink:
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2018 Tiger 800 Xca Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 Caspian Blue (Gone but not forgotten) Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange (Gone but not forgotten) 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake)