News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

XCA is it worth it

Started by Spud, October 31, 2015, 03:38:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickjtc

Ah, the good old KLR650. Had a 1999 one, in 2000. It was a great road bike... did 15,000km in one season on it.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

mat-tiger1

Well Spud I must admit i'm liking the transition from my old 955i to my Xcx. :thumbsup

I've had mine since they were released here in March and i can't find fault with it. It'll deal with pretty much anything i throw at it (including a little more off-roading now i'm building my confidence) and keeps coming back for more!  :icon_cool:

As for the toys, well they're there if you want them. I use the cruise control, rain (of course) & off road modes quite a bit but not tinkered with the rider configurable modes too much as yet. :^_^

Off road i hear you say? I know guys like SexySi over on the ABR forum and Blacktiger on here who take their Xc's literally everywhere!!  :wheel

Reliability, well speak to Mr Rhys Lawrey ( http://www.2mororider.com ) who's just returned on his Xc from his Record breaking 56,800 + mile round-the-world trip without so much as a few chain & sprockets changes and a couple of sets of tyres!  :icon_salut:

You're more than welcome to pop over one of the days and have a go on the Xcx out for yourself, i know Mr Stenhouse enjoyed himself when we met up in Wales earlier in the year. Who knows, it might even help convert you!  :icon_wink:
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.