News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

fuel pump strainer?

Started by klingklang, November 09, 2015, 04:20:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klingklang

Will travel into the thank in the following weeks and are in the "while there" options and looking for some stuff  before the surgery.
metal coupling (found)   
fuel filter (found)
gasket (look like reusable, confirm?)
Fuel pump strainer: very old, maybe will be good to change but cant find one only. on ebay it come only with the pump. Is that can be bought alone?

JoeDirt

I bought one off eBay. It's the same kit everyone sells. A shallow search hit one for $14.99USD with pump included.

The kits are cheap... just like me. :thumbsup

They usually come with that rubber isolator thingy too. :augie

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: klingklang on November 09, 2015, 04:20:40 PM
Will travel into the thank in the following weeks and are in the "while there" options and looking for some stuff  before the surgery.
metal coupling (found)   
fuel filter (found)
gasket (look like reusable, confirm?) Yes
Fuel pump strainer: very old, maybe will be good to change but cant find one only. on ebay it come only with the pump. Is that can be bought alone?

This link in the Girle "How to" mentions a cheap alternative to the Triumph filter or strainer as you said:

http://www.tigertriple.com/forum/index.php?topic=5143.msg32398#msg32398
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

klingklang

Bixxer, sorry , it is not the filter (found a mahle for CDN18$ on amazon canada) what I am looking for is what triumph calla strainer and not sold alone,. Look it can only be find with a pump...dum...

asking myself if this will fit? look similar
http://www.amazon.com/Delphi-FS0093-Fuel-Pump-Strainer/dp/B000CGFY44

klingklang

JoeDirt

Quote from: klingklang on November 10, 2015, 03:37:30 AM
just bought that, will probably fit,  will see

I have seen the exact pump used on Ford trucks and John Deere equipment with EFI. I think that it all comes from the same place.

BTW... I think you are cheaper than me!  :notworthy

Bixxer Bob

Ahhh I see.  Can't remember seeing one of those on mine......

And can't really see the point as it has a very good in line filter   :icon_scratch:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

klingklang

I confirm, the following as per the ebay auction above is a direct replacement and perfect fit for the tiger fuel pump. INTANK REPLACEMENT FUEL PUMP STRAINER FOR EFI POLARIS/ CAN-AM  Ranger RZR Outlander Renegade

Bixxer Bob