News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

your advice plz, Darling need more love and attention (update)

Started by klingklang, November 12, 2015, 02:18:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sin_Tiger

Forgot about that JD  :icon_redface:

With the tensioner, if you don't take the spring out before you remove the body off you won't be able to gauge the slack.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

JoeDirt

Quote from: klingklang on February 22, 2016, 02:03:51 PM
If I want to reset the cam chain tensioner again,  Is it dangerous to do it without dismantle everything?

Unfortunately, you'll have to make sure your cam arrows are pointing at each other with T1 on TDC. Once your cam chain goes slack there is no telling where everything is once you reset the chain tension'er.

klingklang

look like I have to get in again.......  hard on the moral....   I did everything as the shop manuals (I have both triumph and haynes) say

Mustang

you do have the original cam caps that belong with the new/used  head ,right ?
and those matching cam caps are bolted down in the correct orientation and location ,right ?

because it matters big time if they are not !

the cam bearing surface is the alum cap no bearings
the caps are line bored and honed for each head .

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: klingklang on February 22, 2016, 02:03:51 PM
..... I tried to use the smoke of an incense stick to check for leaks.  Worth nothing, their is a huge chimney effect behind there and could not see nothing but Darling smell good!

:ImaPoser
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

JoeDirt

Quote from: klingklang on February 22, 2016, 08:33:25 PM
look like I have to get in again.......  hard on the moral....   I did everything as the shop manuals (I have both triumph and haynes) say

Burn some more incense... it's easier the 3rd, 4th, 5th time. :icon_cry:

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

Back on thread, Mustang makes a very valid point.  It's vitally important that  each cam retaining cap goes back in its original place and the correct way round, so the new(er)  head must use it's own caps, not your original ones.

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

klingklang

yup, did that. same place.  I did not had much time yet but I've there and think I saw is causing that.  will probably  able to confirm this weekend. To follow.....  Anyway, I still have to march 15th to solve that.  Why march 15? you will say...because here we can't use the bike from december 15th to march 15th by law   :Topes

Mustang

Bixxer Bob

:new_popcornsmiley   Me too,  not often we have a genuinely new topic....

klingklang

she purrs like new!!!!!.   I must admit with humility, the problem was coming from mechanic  :icon_redface:

I probably forgot to torque the last bolt on the cam holder under the frame because  it was to tight for my torque wrench and probably forgot it after.  Now it is perfect.  I took this as a chance to recheck the valve since the engine had time to turn a bit before.

I did many many things on the bike this winter. I will post a separate post for that.

JoeDirt

Quote from: JoeDirt on November 13, 2015, 05:11:41 AM
It was quicker doing it in the frame and the torques were tougher but not impossible.

I tried to warn you... I am relieved that you got her back together. :thumbsup

Bixxer Bob