News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2003 Steamer?

Started by JayDub, November 19, 2015, 12:32:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayDub

"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."

nickjtc

Can it be a 2003?? Registered extremely late??
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

JayDub

There was a 2001 reg Steamer up for sale a few months back too Nick, date of first registration doesn't necessarily mean date of manufacture, It seems odd that a Steamer could sit in the showroom for three years - especially a black one...  I s'pose a collector may be the culprit?
VW were known for waxing up their cars off the production line, and leaving them in the compound for up to 18 months... I have one of their solar battery tenders which they used... so your 'new' car could be over 2 yrs old when you get it.  The plastic dash bits on my car are stamped early 97, and the car is a  late 99 reg.

Nick Calne

I've seen some steamers that are registered later than 98 before too.  I don't think it is especially unusual as you suggest Jay, but for 4 or 5 years?  Would love to know the back story there.  Did they just forget they had it or something?  Someone put down a deposit then forget about it?

Whatever! 2003 is still a long time ago in vehicle terms, so it is not likely to make any difference.  What does matter is what care and attention it has had in the interim.  Looks pretty good, rims have been polished out and then some but nothing is going to match that gloss finish on the topbox!  Only done 1,750 miles a year on average, a scott oiler, centre stand. heated grips... it probably has been pampered. 

You shouldn't post tempting things like this so close to Christmas...
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

JayDub

I'm interested in how good or bad the screen surgery is... It was probably left crated and everyone thought it was a coffee table :icon_biggrin:
There was a dealer in Southport, Merseyside who regularly shipped in still crated and unregistered bikes from the states... thats how a friend ended up with a 'brand new' CB750 F1 in 1999, with 1.1 mls on the odometer.
(hope Niall doesn't see the indicators)

Nick Calne

Hadn't noticed the indicators. Better get Bixxer to take down this rhread before Niall sees it. He'll go proper mental if he sees this outrage.  :icon_eek:

threepot

95 Super111
96 Tiger

JayDub

JoeDirt

It's a steamer... see below picture.  :pottytrain2

JayDub

Quote from: Nick Calne on November 19, 2015, 06:09:44 PM
You shouldn't post tempting things like this so close to Christmas...
Really sorry Nick but, I found the perfect compliment to the Steamer...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mini-Tiger-Tanks-/272050687065?hash=item3f577c0c59:g:~scAAOSwZVhWTedE

threepot

Pamela Anderson must have a long left leg to hold it up that straight :icon_wink:
95 Super111
96 Tiger

threepot

95 Super111
96 Tiger

nickjtc

Quote from: threepot on November 20, 2015, 05:23:49 PM
Pamela Anderson must have a long left leg to hold it up that straight :icon_wink:

:icon_scratch: Its got tracks on both sides.  :augie
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

JayDub

Nick Calne

Especially the exhaust note.