News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

This doesn't look good but might explain my clutch issues-looks like water to me

Started by benebob, December 06, 2015, 12:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

benebob

Well after replacing the clutch and cleaning the steels in March the issues went away...  for a few weeks.  When it came back it also developed a new symptom.  If reving above 2k in 1st at a stop it would start moving forward.  Changed the oil and all has gone away for now.  Reason I sy for now is that I used the same Castrol 4t power rs as the previous change.  I am 100% convinced that in about a 1000 miles it will degrade enough that the symptoms return. 
99 Tiger 885i (Killed 12/23/12 9:52am EST by a drunk driver) 06 Tiger 955i (traded 12/23/16  12:52pm)
13 Tiger 800

JoeDirt

benebob

If that were the case I wouldn't have any coolant in the system now.  Haven't added any since February and it hasn't changed from the mark.  I tend to think the only reason why I was loosing as much as I was is because I had a habit of keeping it on the high line on the overflow and when it heated up I would loose some thru the bipass tube.  Oh and now that the weather is a bit warmer the condensate seems to be burning up more making me thing that Triumph just did a poor job with their condensate set up as gravity works against letting it return to the intake.  Oil had zero milkiness in it when I drained it btw (had maybe 2500-3000 miles on it)
99 Tiger 885i (Killed 12/23/12 9:52am EST by a drunk driver) 06 Tiger 955i (traded 12/23/16  12:52pm)
13 Tiger 800