News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Advice needed re: bar risers etc

Started by ds99, December 14, 2015, 01:50:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ds99

I have a 2005 955i and I have fitted some SW Motech bar risers, but I would like to fit something to make the bars sit closer to me (so I don't have to reach as far)

Can anyone suggest anything? I have done some research and "rox risers" seem to make a lot of products that do all sorts of similar things.

I would rather not have to fit new brake lines etc

I am in the UK, so ordering from the USA/Canada is something I try to avoid due to 20%_ import taxes.

thanks

John Stenhouse

It's only a guess since I haven't done anything like your suggestion but I would think if you move the bars too far you would have to change the brake lines etc.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

ds99

Rox seem to sell a lot of pivot bar risers. (see below) but they are all in imperial size. does anyone know what imperial size i would need?

JoeDirt

Quote from: John Stenhouse on December 14, 2015, 01:58:45 PM
It's only a guess since I haven't done anything like your suggestion but I would think if you move the bars too far you would have to change the brake lines etc.

How about China... they make everything these days...

I'm with John on this. I currently have a 1-1/4" riser on mine and the stock brake lines are at their limit. I have seen a lot of after-market risers on eBay that "lean". They are made from solid aluminum and look like they would be strong. You'll be the first to try.

Search eBay: "Handlebar Riser"

One other thing... My handle bars almost touch the tank in a full turn. If you bring your handlebars back too far they might hit your tank.

JoeDirt

Quote from: JoeDirt on December 14, 2015, 02:15:09 PM
One other thing... My handle bars almost touch the tank in a full turn. If you bring your handlebars back too far they might hit your tank.

Yea... I'm quoting myself. :occasion14

Attached is a picture of my detached brake lines, 1-1/4" risers, and my handlebar almost hitting the tank in a full turn.

atokad

Quote from: ds99 on December 14, 2015, 02:04:54 PM
Rox seem to sell a lot of pivot bar risers. (see below) but they are all in imperial size. does anyone know what imperial size i would need?

'
1 7/8 Rox risers worked for me. And yes, I have them tilted back towards me and did not have to change any cables on my 2006 USA Tiger.

Daiku

I've just installed the ROX 2" anti-vibe risers on my '06 with no issues whatsoever re: cable length or clearance to tank on full lock.
Now:  '06 Girly, '83 Honda CB1100F
Then:  '78 Suzuki GS 750, '79 GS 1100, '01 Yamaha FZ1

GeeDub

I second the 1 7/8 Rox risers, or third, or forth...whatever, I like them :)