News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Here's an interesting thing: US $ vs Can $

Started by nickjtc, December 17, 2015, 07:05:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickjtc

I'm looking ahead to my trip to Florida next May and the reality that I may have to change tyre/s at some point along the ride. Pricing replacement tyres ordered and delivered in the US (Motorcycle Superstore), against being ordered and delivered in Canada (Canada's Motorcycle Superstore) the cost is 15% higher in the US, even allowing for the horrible exchange rate between the two $s at the moment. We don't see that scenario very often!

I'll probably opt to get them in the US anyway rather than carrying them on the back of the bike from home.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Mustang

Nick
I've done several trips cross country on my steamer and have never needed to replace the tires during the trip .

I'm talking like 2-3 weeks on the road and 8-12 k miles everytime .
start with fresh rubber and I bet you can do the whole trip without having to screw around with tires .

sometimes they have been well used though by the time I got back home  :augie

This was a pc of shit Maxxis Presa Detour that made 9500 miles . only lasted 2 1/2 weeks from new but made the whole trip .
p.s. it looked about like that when I was in Iowa when I needed it to go another 1500 miles , it made it .

nickjtc

You're probably right, and maybe I am being a bit pessimistic. The front on the bike is brand new; the rear only has 3,000km under. However I have no experience with Pilot Road 3s. The PO loved them but he did not get more than 10,000km out of them, although admittedly he is a more 'spirited' rider than I am.

The total distance for my ride will be about 10,000km.

I had really good success with the original Pilot Roads on my R1100RS (20,000+ km out of both front and rear), but these 3s are dual compound, and after my experience with the dual compound Tourance Nexts I am keeping an open mind.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Sin_Tiger

I would be expecting 16-18k kms from my own experience andmoderately loaded. I was getting not a kick in the pants off that with the occasional tartan mist days.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint