News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Clam helmet

Started by BruKen, December 18, 2015, 03:26:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickjtc

Quote from: John Stenhouse on December 19, 2015, 12:32:55 AM
, only question I have is as a glasses wearer how bad does it steam up?

Good question. Not sure it's too much of a problem in Australia, but it might be for us that live in less temperate climes. Since the helmet has only just been launched I suppose we'll have to wait to find out....
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

nickjtc

So I asked them about fogging and this is the reply:

Nick no fogging as chin bar is longer than normal helmet moving the visor further away from nose and mouth trust this helps

KuzzinKenny

I like the "no chin strap" idea as i have a beard  :bad

I like how quick it is to put on and take off  :thumbsup

but no likey the price  :icon_eek:

KK

In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on December 19, 2015, 12:10:46 AM
And you've got to remove screws from the back as well  :icon_rolleyes:

that's the bit I don't get.....  you don't have to mess with screws when putting it on or taking it of normally, so why when a medic does it??

It must be something about being able to remove it while the neck is immobilised....
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sin_Tiger

I'm guessing that is because you'd need to rotate the front section to disengage the lock, which would mean spinal extension due to chin location. Whereas if the hinge locating screws are removed, the front section can be pulled away parallel to the jaw line.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

nickjtc

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on December 20, 2015, 01:06:21 AM
Whereas if the hinge locating screws are removed, the front section can be pulled away parallel to the jaw line.

As long as the paramedics have scanned the domahicky to find out how to do it. I feel the urge to do some research and ask in how many cases the paramedics have had issues with helmets and in the worst case scenario caused more harm than good.

London_Phil

Waiting on my lad for some info. Couple of points, UK based info, but possibly same everywhere.
Paramedics are not all equal, they range from patient transport to HEMS (helicopter medics) and the degree of competency and training varies.. Sad but true.
My son is one of the first wave of degree course Paramedics, and the truth is its pot luck what you get on a crew as a result.
His brief to me was essentially if your not qualified, leave it on if there is no imminent danger of death, ie choking/breathing obstructions, as they "will kill you more quickly".
He says they are trained to work in a two person team with a specific protocol under ideal situation.
Will try to find out more, and report back.

Phil

ned37

95 blue steamer
04 husaberg fe650e

BruKen

Quote from: ned37 on December 20, 2015, 05:57:26 PM
how do you spit?

By taking it off first, just like your present lid (I hope)

ned37

QuoteBy taking it off first, just like your present lid
nah, use a modular for the tiger.  can gob at will at speed (good for road rage).  and full face on the husaberg forces me to stop and pull out on the chin bar and dribble.
95 blue steamer
04 husaberg fe650e

Bixxer Bob

Off topic,  I was once spat at by a van passenger while filtering to his left (he was in the outside lane in stationary traffic).  I stopped, parked and put my sidestand down, wiped my visor then went back and wiped the bugs off his windscreen with the oily rag I keep under my seat for wiping the chain, then got back n my bike and went on my way. Couldn't wait for it to rain then.....
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

nickjtc

So, did anyone order one??

KuzzinKenny

In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

blacktiger

I like and use a flip front so that thing is useless.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.