News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Parts sale

Started by Bixxer Bob, December 30, 2015, 09:57:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

I'm trying to find the link for the Triumph parts sale but no luck,  anyone rememebr where it is???

Given I've been around this site a while, and I end up  :BangHead :BangHead :BangHead :BangHead every time I use the search button, I have some sympathy with the new guys  :icon_frown:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

NeilD

if you're looking for something specific then the Fowlers and World Of Triumph sites show the 'sale' prices... not sure if there was a list for the most recent sale..

nickjtc

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on December 30, 2015, 09:57:58 PM
I've been around this site a while, and I end up  :BangHead :BangHead :BangHead :BangHead every time I use the search button

Me too.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

KuzzinKenny

Hey BB !! is this wat yer lookin for................

http://www.tankslap.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=3226

:icon_wink:

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

nickjtc

It almost makes a person want to cash in the grandkids inheritance and buy up a load of stuff, because I'm sure that when he says it's gone, it really is gone. Can you imagine trying to find stuff for the 'first generation' of Hinkley Triumphs in 20 years time...??

It makes you wonder where the Japanese OEMs (especially Honda) have managed to store all of their leftover spares going back to the '60s.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Nick Calne

I once did some work with a major car manufacturer on their central parts warehouse. It was a huge building holding parts for every car they made in the last 30 years.  It would take 30 mins or so to walk around the building perimeter.

The expense of the building, the land, the stock, the hundreds of staff etc. Many tens of millions at a guess.  I could well see why Triumph would not wish to start down this road.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

iansoady

In the late 70s I had a friend who worked at Lucas in Birmingham. They were chucking out all sorts of new but "obsolete" parts including things like racing magnetos - stuff that is now like gold dust. It was a sackable offence to retrieve anything and take it home although some parts did evade the net......
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

Chris Canning

Knowing that the 955 was going to be long term there are loads of parts over the years that hang on the garage wall that were bought because they were the right price and not because I needed them,always pays to keep an eye on eBay,as I  was saying Timbox yesterday in a phone call their  are  certain Tiger parts turning up on eBay and they get snapped up before ebay has even sent a link to your email.

It's what happens as models drop down the food chain a different clientele is involved,after market goodies become scarce with lack of demand at big bucks prices so production stops,I've seen what has happened with my 1100s and their is lots of aftermarket parts that you just can't get anymore.

Nick Calne

Did the same with the steamer, made a stockpile. I still have loads of stuff despite selling plenty over the summer. There are things that are becoming unobtainium such as air box panels. However I reckon with steamers and girlies the easiest course now is to buy a spare bike for parts.

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: KuzzinKenny on December 31, 2015, 01:54:51 AM
Hey BB !! is this wat yer lookin for................

http://www.tankslap.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=3226

:icon_wink:

KK

Close Kenny, but I'm sure someone posted a parts and pricelist.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

NeilD

I did back in March for the original sale which was mostly T300 series stuff (which i suggest has probably mostly gone by now) on this thread http://www.tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,14392.msg108447.html#msg108447

didnt see a list for the most recent stuff as it was later models(T5 series) so i didnt take much notice

JayDub

"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."

Nick Calne

Jaydub... a complete engine, a front wheel, numerous panels and lots of brackets, a sump guard, some clocks and smaller bits etc etc.

JayDub

I shouldn't (can't) Nick, my bank account is on post Xmas lock-down.... And empty.  Anyway, the only thing I want is a sprocket cover - to operate on  :icon_biggrin:

Btw, Hope you had a good one!
"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."

Bixxer Bob