News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Elefant Treffen 2016

Started by Hagafan, January 06, 2016, 09:03:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hagafan

Taking my newly acquired Steamer to to the Elefant Rally in a couple of weeks time, any tips?

John Stenhouse

Yes, wrap up warm. Chairhead is your man for proper tips he's been before
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

nickjtc

Quote from: John Stenhouse on January 06, 2016, 09:06:12 PM
Yes, wrap up warm.

What he said; and a good, leak free tent and groundsheet...... assuming you are camping.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Bixxer Bob

+2  :iagree

My enduring memory of one of Chairhead's visits was the pic of a 4 pack of beer, stood in a pan of boiling water on thecamping gas stove, thawing it out enough to drink.....

CH, being a sensible chap, has a Tiger chair outfit, hence the name.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Nick Calne

The way the weather has been recently I'd pack a pair of beach shorts and a t shirt.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

nickjtc

Quote from: Nick Calne on January 07, 2016, 02:13:07 PM
The way the weather has been recently I'd pack a pair of beach shorts and a t shirt.

But take a brolly just in case!
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: nickjtc on January 07, 2016, 04:17:30 PM
But take a brolly just in case!

Jolly good  :hat10 you can take the Englishman out of Pukka but you can't take the Pukka out of an Englishman  :icon_wink:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

KuzzinKenny

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on January 07, 2016, 11:29:40 AM
+2  :iagree

My enduring memory of one of Chairhead's visits was the pic of a 4 pack of beer, stood in a pan of boiling water on thecamping gas stove, thawing it out enough to drink.....

CH, being a sensible chap, has a Tiger chair outfit, hence the name.

Has our resident Polar Bear not come out O hibernation yet  :^_^

:icon_wink:

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly