News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Useful gadget

Started by nickjtc, January 20, 2016, 01:04:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickjtc

For less than the price of three Speedbleeders here is a useful gadget to assist in bleeding your brake/clutch. It works on the same principle as a Speedbleeder. Bung it on the bleed nipple, loosen the nipple and pump away. No risk of getting air back into the system.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Motorcycle-Brake-Clutch-Bleeder-BLEEDING-TOOL-Hose-KTM-Yamaha-Honda-Kawasaki-BMW-/310673804036?hash=item48559a0b04:m:mQwXag3OOFt_h75w9jiHmjw#ht_2384wt_1086

"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

JayDub

That looks a lot tougher than my plastic versions which I keep snapping the spigot off, not in use but whilst in the tool cabinet - I seem to replace them every year :icon_rolleyes:
... They only cost a fiver here too.
"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."

Bixxer Bob

Looked for a uk version on ebay, nada  :^_^
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

nickjtc

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on January 21, 2016, 11:09:06 PM
Looked for a uk version on ebay, nada  :^_^

I couldn't find anything like it here, either, so just bit the bullet and got it from Oz.

JayDub

"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."

Bixxer Bob

Order placed.  For two actually, if I have a brake job on the race bike it's usually a panic and I'm usually on my own so the second one goes in the race toolkit.  :thumbsup
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chris Canning

Great piece of kit saves needing 3 hands,now had it a week saves a lot of 4 letter expletives :icon_lol:

nickjtc

The next challenge will be to see if there is any usefulness in using it in reverse when pressure filling a system from the brake calipers and up.

Timbox2

Quote from: nickjtc on February 13, 2016, 05:27:48 PM
The next challenge will be to see if there is any usefulness in using it in reverse when pressure filling a system from the brake calipers and up.

Yeah, thats the way we used to fill the old Magura and Cannondale Disc Hydraulics on the mountain bikes, never thought about trying it on a moto.
2016 Tiger Sport