News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Orange but not clockwork

Started by Timbox2, January 25, 2016, 08:43:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mustang

Quote from: JayDub on January 26, 2016, 06:04:54 PM
I was using a 70's Rickman til a couple of years ago
BTW Mustang... You said beer... but thats Heineken!  :icon_wink:
Are you this guy ?

JayDub

"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."

Timbox2

Picked her up from Stroud this morning,

All felt very familiar within a few miles, including the rather heavy clutch lever. The Digi Gear indicator is interesting, seems to take a few seconds before it works out what gear your in and if you pull up sharpish and come down the box quickly it has a hissy fit. I think the Hagon on the back is past its best already, hyd preload  seems to have packed up altogether, and damping seems poor, but I havent played with that yet. Engine etc seems really good, the noise from the Blueflame is ace, and the top baffle is still in, god knows what its like with that out. Let the fettling begin
2016 Tiger Sport

Mustang

Quote from: Timbox2 on January 30, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
I think the Hagon on the back is past its best already, hyd preload  seems to have packed up altogether, and damping seems poor, but I havent played with that yet.
yes , but you are spoiled by that wilbur fellow  :bad

Timbox2

Quote from: Mustang on January 30, 2016, 06:14:33 PM
yes , but you are spoiled by that wilbur fellow  :bad

Tell me about it, thats Chris Cannings fault :icon_wink:
2016 Tiger Sport

Chris Canning

I'm sure if you can't sort it Mr Hagon can at least they are in the UK,as for the clutch lever !! man up  :icon_

If all else fails I've got alsorts of options for you  :qgaraduate

fraserdog

Quote from: Timbox2 on January 30, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
Picked her up from Stroud this morning,

The Digi Gear indicator is interesting, seems to take a few seconds before it works out what gear your in and if you pull up sharpish and come down the box quickly it has a hissy fit.

That's what I had heard that it will eventually tell you what gear you are in but not straight away.I was told it's something to do with the Triumph electrics only just providing the minimum required "pulses" from the front wheel speed sensor and the crank sensor.
1974 Honda CB500/4
1994 Kawasaki Zephyr 1100
2002 "Girly"
1998 Africa Twin RD07a

RumRunnerGuy